Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,081 ·
^^^^ My SIL just informed the that song is about unattractive women at the club. I can honestly say I never put any thought into what that song is about. Lol They play it at the games sometimes for Georgia — or they used to.

·
Registered
Ramses
476 Posts
^^^^ My SIL just informed the that song is about unattractive women at the club. I can honestly say I never put any thought into what that song is about. Lol They play it at the games sometimes for Georgia — or they used to.

Oh dear :oops: Is this true?? I can safely say here all the French people think it's about the dogs.. literal dogs. Couple of days back there was a doberman dog party next door and this song was playing and people were singing "Who let the dogs out?" The French also only remember the catchy phrase of the song not the rest of the lyrics... It's not their language anyway, why bother? 😬:LOL:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,083 ·
Oh dear :oops: Is this true?? I can safely say here all the French people think it's about the dogs.. literal dogs. Couple of days back there was a doberman dog party next door and this song was playing and people were singing "Who let the dogs out?" The French also only remember the catchy phrase of the song not the rest of the lyrics... It's not their language anyway, why bother? 😬:LOL:
Same here. Catchy beat that’s fun at football games. :D

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,085 ·
The grands came over to swim today, so Logan has had a full last two and a half hours. We swam, we played fetch, and then a blow dry and more fetch.

Charlotte (7) made the day more entertaining showing us her finger was hurt 😅

Water Swimming pool Sunlight Leisure Recreation

And then Adler (5) decided he needed to tinkle right after he got wet. His mom told him to pee in the bushes 😂 , which he did right in front of us. Logan saw him doing it and walked over and marked the same bush as soon as Adler was done. Lolol

No photos of that. 🤪

Logan:

Water Dog Liquid Fluid Carnivore

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Pet supply

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Wood

Water World Carnivore Body of water Liquid

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The grands came over to swim today, so Logan has had a full last two and a half hours. We swam, we played fetch, and then a blow dry and more fetch.

Charlotte (7) made the day more entertaining showing us her finger was hurt 😅

View attachment 896372

And then Adler (5) decided he needed to tinkle right after he got wet. His mom told him to pee in the bushes 😂 , which he did right in front of us. Logan saw him doing it and walked over and marked the same bush as soon as Adler was done. Lolol

No photos of that. 🤪

Logan:

View attachment 896369

View attachment 896370

View attachment 896368

View attachment 896371
I can tell Charlotte is gonna be a good driver when she gets older....especially in rush hour traffic......

·
Registered
5 Posts
[CITAZIONE="diane0905, post: 7828723, membro: 14499"]
Ho tenuto un thread nella sezione Golden Retriever Puppies fino a un anno fino ad oggi perché Logan ora ha un anno! Aggiorneremo questo thread con le foto delle avventure di Logan.

Buon compleanno al mio dolce ragazzo. Gli ci volle un secondo per riscaldarsi davanti allo sciocco cappello deforme.

View attachment 878691

View attachment 878692

View attachment 878693
[/CITAZIONE]
Meraviglioso :amore:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 ·
Good morning!

We have field training today. Logan always enjoys it.

I always bring him home after field training, let him swim a short while in our saline pool, put medicated shampoo on him because in my head it eliminates any pond cooties (lol), play fetch while it sits on him about 10 minutes, and then rinse/dry. Sometimes we play a bit more once I towel him dry to let the sun dry him a bit. Field day is a process. :)

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
Field training today, including a shot of my big head. :)

We did a double on land. Logan was amped today, so I took him back and forth into the blind a few times to get his manners in check. He did great retrieving and bringing back the ducks back to hand. We then did a double on water and he did great. Then we did some singles with bumpers. Cara has me sit him and move up and back while he holds his sit to further practice being steady. He was a good boy! We came home and swam a bit, then I rinsed him, played fetch a while in the front yard on this pretty sunny day, dried him, and now he’s zonked. :)

Dog Plant Water Carnivore Fawn

Glasses Sky Smile Dog Dog breed

Dog Water Carnivore Collar Plant

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,090 ·
We walked a few miles this morning before it started heating up.

Dog Carnivore Plant Dog breed Collar

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Fawn

Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

Typical walking the dog action in our neighborhood: We were walking about half a block behind a lady and her doodle of some sort — I think a Sheepadoodle? She was carrying his leash, the dog was a ways out ahead of her, and just kind of meandering all over. The dog was definitely walking himself. I saw a truck coming, pulling a trailer. Yard-care people, I think. Then the rush to gather up the dog… Her dog noticed us way before she did. I finally coughed because she never paid attention to the dog looking behind her at us frequently. At least she scurried to leash it once she realized we were there. The vehicle with the trailer would have inspired me.

Dog in middle of road. I figured she wouldn’t notice me taking photos either. Lolol

Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,091 ·
My front yard. I’m sure the neighbors love me. We did a quick refresh for agility class tomorrow. We have not taken an agility class since probably May. I don’t want to lose my instructor and she could fit me in tomorrow morning. She is currently building a home and a new agility field, which should be open sometime this fall. Exciting! It has just been too hot to start back up since the end of May. Plus, I felt like I was spreading Logan out too much. Right now, we are focused on WC and JH. Then I have to decide if I want to try a spring agility novice title, just focus on obedience until we get a CD (I act like it’s a given haha), and/or keep doing field training because he loves it most.

Y’all can decide for me if you want. Lol

And these are from a quick trip to the pond after for a few fetch throws and we saw a lady walking three Labs at once. Two are pretty well behaved and one just seems like a pretty young Lab. She has them hooked to her waist. It frightens me for her. Hahaha

It’s too warm to do anything else until much later, unless we swim. We are back to getting into the 90s.

Dog Plant Carnivore Grass Dog breed

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Grass

Dog Plant Carnivore Grass Dog breed

Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Grass

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,096 ·
We did agility class for the first time since May. Logan was still able to string 14 obstacles together. I slow rolled his weaves because it’s been so long. Alison said he has really matured. She wants me to try to trial him in April 2023, but I’d better get to work on our Weaves that Wow to accomplish that. We can’t go back regularly to class until November because Alison has commitments every October. There’s a trial each year and her parents own a food truck at the State Fair — she helps them.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 ·
A couple of photos from agility today. Oh, and also — Logan has always loved Alison extra. He gets excited when he sees her. Today, I put him in a sit and walked over about 10 feet and talked to her for about five minutes and he stayed put. Then when I let him walk up, he sat right in front of her and just smiled so pretty like a good boy. Awwww. When she did pet him, he kept four on the floor — but he did give her a couple of love rumbling noises. Lol He’s great at his place command when we walk the course and discuss it. He held his line well today also.

Dog Grass Companion dog Retriever Durango boot

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,098 ·
Oh, and I forgot to say I signed up for the next competition obedience six week session. It starts back October 5th.

I’d love to know how much $ I’ve spent on Logan’s formal education so far. He will get a PhD eventually. Lol

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 · (Edited)
Good morning!

I’m heading off to New York with my daughter, my two Granddaughters, and my son is coming from D.C. to meet us. Logan will be fending for himself with my husband. On Saturday, my husband is taking my son-in-law and grandson to a golf tournament in Charlotte. My brother will be watching Logan & Abby then.

Here’s the grands dressed up for Spirit Week at their school. The theme for this photo was Throwback Thursday. We were laughing because my granddaughter, Charlotte, threw it back (pioneer days) way farther than the other two grands. Grace and Adler were feeling nostalgic/musical.

Smile Plant Nature People in nature Leaf

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,100 ·
Good morning!

We are having fun in New York (head home tomorrow), but I miss my beast. Brian (hubby) says when he heads in the general direction of our backdoor, where I pull up in my car, Logan goes over to look out the back window. I’m sure Brian is walking Logan, but Logan is used to quality interaction. 😅

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts