Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1101 Posts

·
Registered
Ramses
476 Posts
Sorry to hear your husband got covid! 😞 Hope he recovers soon!

My husband got covid back in February this year and I am extremely grateful to not have caught Covid too. It would have been pretty horrible for Ramses because at that time the rules in France were if someone in your household has covid, any other person sharing the same household had to quarantine too for at least 10 days. We are not supposed to be outdoors during quarantine (our groceries/food/necessities were all delivered to us). I had to get myself tested a couple of times during the 10 days and after that period. I didn't have Covid after he recovered either but if I had caught it, I can't imagine doing another 10 days (20 days in total 😫).

Ramses had a bit of a tantrum on day 6 of quarantine - he held on to a rug we have on the kitchen and refused to give it back as a sign of protest! 😂 So grateful I didn't have to do 20 days!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
Sorry to hear your husband got covid! 😞 Hope he recovers soon!

My husband got covid back in February this year and I am extremely grateful to not have caught Covid too. It would have been pretty horrible for Ramses because at that time the rules in France were if someone in your household has covid, any other person sharing the same household had to quarantine too for at least 10 days. We are not supposed to be outdoors during quarantine (our groceries/food/necessities were all delivered to us). I had to get myself tested a couple of times during the 10 days and after that period. I didn't have Covid after he recovered either but if I had caught it, I can't imagine doing another 10 days (20 days in total 😫).

Ramses had a bit of a tantrum on day 6 of quarantine - he held on to a rug we have on the kitchen and refused to give it back as a sign of protest! 😂 So grateful I didn't have to do 20 days!
Awwww! Poor baby. Sweet photo.

We are supposed to isolate for five days and then if we go out and about during the next five days we should be wearing a mask. I am walking Logan in the neighborhood without a mask, but I’m staying far away from other people.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,064 ·
So, I think we may be suffering a curse. Someone’s mad at me I guess. Hahaha

Logan woke up this morning and seemed kind of different and kept rubbing his head onto the floor. Normally when that happens with a dog, I think “Ears.” So, I looked in each ear and smelled them and they seem perfect. Even the vet said last time that I sure keep his ears clean.

Well, then Logan threw up two times so I figured his tummy is upset. He wasn’t acting particularly lethargic or anything though.

I decided to take him for his walk since it was cooler this morning. I always brush him before I take him out and about. His leg looked like it was thinking about getting a hot spot on the front of it — quite red, but not moist yet. Then when I was brushing his ears, I remembered I had noticed his face fluff looked funny to me the day before. I looked and it was still that way and, sure enough, he was red on one of this cheeks also. He had a Cytopoint shot two weeks ago because I thought he seemed itchy. It struck me that was why he was rubbing his face into the floor.

Soooo. Jeez. When I was at the vet last time, luckily, I asked him for the hot spot antibiotic powder just because I always like to have a supply of it on hand since we got to the mountains and I don’t feel as vet accessible there. I doctored Logan’s leg and his face with the medicine. He’s so good about laying there and letting me part the hair and go row by row of hair to get it all covered. I’m going to try that for a bit and see how it goes to try to avoid cutting his hair — especially on his face. I also gave him Benadryl.

I must not be living right. We will probably miss obedience class again this week. I’m still not well enough to drive to Spartanburg — that makes for a long day. I’m going to test myself shortly, however, to see if I’m still testing positive for COVID.

Anyhoo, Logan is still beautiful even with all that going on. He seemed perfectly fine on our walk.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Grass

Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Plant Carnivore Tree Dog breed

Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,071 ·
So, last night Logan threw up twice again. He definitely regurgitated all of his food yesterday. He doesn’t seem to be in distress, is drinking, doesn’t seem to have a temperature, and has normal bowel movements. I gave him 1/2 of a Cerenia last night to stop the vomiting. It worked. This morning, he was playful grabbing his toys and such.

I decided not to feed him first thing and am going to feed him chicken and rice at lunch. His red spots seem way calmed down. So strange.

We walked and he played a little fetch — just about five throws — and it’s beautiful outside. There was a slight breeze this morning and it felt cooler.

I contacted our obedience instructor and told her I wasn’t up to traveling and Logan is a little sickly off and on. She said today was our last session for this six weeks. Class starts again October 5th, so we’ll enjoy this break (continuing training, of course.) She also said they really enjoy Logan because he’s smart and so much fun.

Photos from this morning. Logan can throw up in his beard and still be a looker and a boss at fetch. :)

He badly needs his feet and ears groomed. This dog can grow some hair and quickly.

We are supposed to field train tomorrow. Trying to decide whether I should or not.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Water

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Tree Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Road surface Tree

Dog Carnivore Road surface Dog breed Asphalt

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Did you give him a COVID test?😀 I hope he is all better soon.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,074 ·
We did field training today. Logan did great — didn’t miss a beat. I needed Gatorade a couple of times because I felt iffy, but survived. Lol

First we trained on land and Logan did every land retrieve perfectly. Cara was out of sight, but shooting a gun and tossing the ducks. Logan was unfazed by the gunfire and did his job perfectly.

On water, she threw out three birds, one at a time of course, and shot the gun with each one. Then she drove her mule back to us. I was to send him after a bird and once he brought it back into heel and I passed it onto Cara, I walked with Logan behind the blind and stayed a minute and then brought him back out. He did great on the first two — went straight to them — the last one (which was the first one tossed) had drifted a long ways and the wind was blowing. It took a bit for Logan to find that bird, but he did and brought it back.

At the end of our land training, a man drove up and he had two Deutsch-Drahthaar dogs. I’ve never heard of that breed. He said you really have to train them well early or they can be quite disagreeable. Anyway, one was 16 weeks old, so just a puppy and didn’t seem like much trouble. The other he said was more easy to ire, so he kept that one in its crate. Logan stayed put the entire ten minutes I talked to that man. I had put him in a down by the holding blind. The man commented that there was no way his dog would behave like that for ten minutes while he chatted. Lol I liked the compliment. Logan’s such a good boy.

When we got home, I let him swim in the pool for a while, shampooed him, played fetch with him, rinsed him, toweled him dry, blew him dry, then fetched some more. He enjoyed all.

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Fawn

Water Plant Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Water

Dog Plant Grass Carnivore Working animal

Water Dog Sky Plant Dog breed

Waiting like the very good boy he is:

Dog Plant Carnivore Natural landscape Grass

Water Plant Dog People in nature Body of water

Water Water resources Liquid Azure Lake

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Collar

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Companion dog

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,078 ·
Logan really enjoyed his walk as per usual today. He’s such a happy boy. My husband was with me, so we headed back into the watershed area for shade.

It’s game day and the Gamecocks are predicted to lose by 25.5 points against Georgia. Yuck! Lol

I need to get Logan a Gamecock jersey. Luke had one with his name on it.

GOOOOOO COCKS!!! Beat the dawgs!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Companion dog

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Logan really enjoyed his walk as per usual today. He’s such a happy boy. My husband was with me, so we headed back into the watershed area for shade.

It’s game day and the Gamecocks are predicted to lose by 25.5 points against Georgia. Yuck! Lol

I need to get Logan a Gamecock jersey. Luke had one with his name on it.

GOOOOOO COCKS!!! Beat the dawgs!

View attachment 896360

View attachment 896361
I never imagined I would see the sentence "Beat the Dawgs!" on a dog forum.......but there it is......

1061 - 1080 of 1101 Posts