Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1101 Posts

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Happy Birthday! I’ve really been enjoying all your posts and photos of the pups. I’ve always loved Cavaliers even though I’ve never had one.

• Love
Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,044 ·
Curses! I got an unwanted birthday surprise. COVID.

Logan and I can’t go to obedience class tomorrow. He’s bored. I have a real scratchy throat, a little congestion, lower back pain, a bit faint at times, and lethargic. Nothing awful though.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I hope you feel better soon. I wish I lived nearby; Rukie would have Logan over for a play date

• Love
Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,052 ·
I hope you feel better soon. I wish I lived nearby; Rukie would have Logan over for a play date
Awww. You’re sweet! Brian walked him about 3.5 miles today and even though I spent most of the day in bed, I did throw his tennis balls about 10 times. My temp is 101.9 and that temperature makes me feel just bad enough to not want to do much or eat. I’m hydrating well though.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,055 ·
Mine does the exact same thing if she’s not getting her usual activities...Hard to resist that face! ❤ Hope you feel better soon!!
His daddy is walking him four to five miles each day. He just likes to play and train more than he does taking walks. He needs quality interaction, and prefers me — of course. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Ramses
476 Posts
Logan’s thoughts on COVID and his mommy:

View attachment 896156

I trained him for 10 minutes and now need a nap. It seriously winded me. Haha. We were just doing figure 8s and fronts & such. His daddy took him for a nice long walk this morning.

I know this face well. It's the face Ramses does when it's time for us to go home from work and do "his activities". Not chat with my colleagues or students.. nope. I feel like he's saying, "stop yapping and start packing" because otherwise he grunts 🤣 He is a little more understanding if someone is under the weather. But then if that's the case, he expects to be left outside to watch the birds 😆

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,057 ·
Brian walked Logan again this morning. He said he took him a couple of miles and then played fetch with him down by the basketball courts. He said, “Boy, he really knows the hand signal to get into heel position!” Makes a momma proud. He also said he saw a friend from his golf club who is one of our newer neighbors. He said he has a little dog that was off the chain on a leash & was acting crazy. Brian said Logan just sat there by him and stared at the nutty dog while his owner talked to him. Let me tell you, that did not come easily — but looks like we’ve made it. :)

Little things that make me feel good. I’ve actually been jealous while he takes my dog places. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,058 ·
I finally was able to walk Logan today! I got dizzy about halfway through, but luckily my daughter lives in the neighborhood and left me a large bottle of water on her front porch. It was the squirting type, so Logan and I shared it.

On a crummy note, now Brian has COVID and is upstairs felled by it.

My beautiful boy. He was very pleased to be out. Some little girl in a wagon yelled ”Pretty doggie!” I normally would let Logan visit, but not today.

Dog Water Carnivore Grass Companion dog

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I finally was able to walk Logan today! I got dizzy about halfway through, but luckily my daughter lives in the neighborhood and left me a large bottle of water on her front porch. It was the squirting type, so Logan and I shared it.

On a crummy note, now Brian has COVID and is upstairs felled by it.

My beautiful boy. He was very pleased to be out. Some little girl in a wagon yelled ”Pretty doggie!” I normally would let Logan visit, but not today.

View attachment 896216
I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure Brian will be feeling better in a few days as well. Logan looks happy to be out with his Momma again..

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,060 ·
I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure Brian will be feeling better in a few days as well. Logan looks happy to be out with his Momma again..
The little girl was a neighbor friend’s granddaughter. She just sent me a message on FB and said Ellery could not stop talking about how pretty Logan is. Awwww!

And thank you!

1041 - 1060 of 1101 Posts