Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
581 - 600 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Sweet, sweet Logan. I know you will have a happy day. I love seeing how he plays with Abby. I can't believe its been 2 years already.
He's so good with her. She gets so lively. lol He's good about being gentle with her.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
We just took Logan's birthday walk.

Brian took a little nick to the hand because a man had his Lab (Leo) back in the woods off leash (Logan was leashed), he saw us and leashed Leo, walked about 15 yards away and unleashed Leo (!), and Leo came running over in growl mode. His owner was calling him, but to no avail. Leo is 11 and has tumors so Brian just got in front of Logan (Brian's big) and then I was in front of Logan. Logan just let out an excited bark ready to roll (I swear he thinks it's playtime), but luckily Leo's owner had grabbed him by then. Profanity words. 🙃 People. At least Logan will move on along without dragging me after that kind of excitement.

Other than that fun, it was a lovely birthday walk. We got two good behavior compliments and a beautiful dog compliment. We visited my grands and they gave Logan good birthday petting.

Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Fawn

Plant Dog Tree Carnivore Companion dog

Plant Dog Nature Dog breed Tree

Dog Plant Carnivore Tree Dog breed

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
Logan is playing King of the mountain today. We have agility at 3:30, but I don't know how much he'll run around because it's sunny and 73 degrees. It feels warm.

I posted this earlier, but forgot to hit post reply.

We've been to agility since and Logan strung together 16 obstacles, I tweaked a ligament or tendon (just a bit -- getting old to be running and doing front crosses, I guess :ROFLMAO: ), and Logan met a really sweet two year old (spayed - I asked) Golden Retriever named Macy. I think they were pretty smitten with one another.

Dog Plant Tree Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #600 ·
We had a fun time at field training yesterday. Logan was definitely not happy his trainer lady did not have a duck. She did, however, pull out a duck sound making item and, at first, when she sling shotted the bumpers he would run to get the bumper and run back to look for the duck at the slingshot. We worked on water retrieves, land retrieves, and hold. She said Logan is doing well.

He was funny hearing a rooster crow and you could tell he was trying to sort that out. We don't have those in our Columbia neighborhood.

I have to admit, in full city girl thinking mode, I cringe when he jumps in and out of the pond -- this time covered in black mud and these little round sticky (as in adhering like glue, not prickly) plant pieces. I bring him home and bathe blow dry him immediately. I cringe because I know that is labor intensive and we end up doing it around 5:00 in the evening as class is at 3:00 in the afternoon. Whine, whine, whine. :ROFLMAO:

On a positive note, I'm so happy/thankful Logan is not getting ear infections post swimming (knock on wood.) Even though I washed sweet Luke's ears with a solution for post swimming, he would get them much more often because he had such bad allergies.

581 - 600 of 675 Posts