Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
We had our last class of our second session of competition obedience tonight. Our sessions are eight weeks long. I attended six sessions the first time around because I joined the class after it had already began. For this session I attended seven classes-- one was missed due to a tropical storm. So, we are 13 classes along in our obedience journey. At the end of tonight's session, I put us on the list for the next eight weeks. Onward we forge.

In tonight's class we did:

(1) heeling -- Logan did great going from normal to slow and fast back to normal. He got a compliment on his halts -- he's hitting it straight more often than not. the entire class practiced about turns after we did our regular heeling in a circle. Oh -- and they also had us do a pattern which had us all taking left turns whenever they hollered it, which would put people in our path depending on where they had left turned. Anyway, we had to watch out for each other and slow down or speed up if needed to avoid collision.

(2) recalls,

(3) dumbbell retrieves on the flat and then over the high jump. I was proud of him because this was only his second time attempting retrieving over a jump and the first time was yesterday with me alone and I used a bar jump. He did two jumps well, one a little wayward, and the other one was a bust.,

(4) Directed jumps and coming back to front-- he did well. One was a thing of beauty. lol On another one, he went towards the wrong jump once. I was told I shouldn't have called him over when he was obviously looking at the other jump.,

(5) Figure eights,

and,

(6) One minute timed sit stay and one minute timed down stay. Long does this very well. A dog was in a crate nearby and making noises. I could tell Logan noticed, but he stayed put. He's done well with both of these since he was a younger dog. I used to take him to our neighborhood pond when he was young and had him stay with sit and down from a distance. I had no idea it would come in handy later.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
I took Logan to the vet today for his Bordetella vaccine and he weighs 65lbs. The vet said he's in incredible shape/athletic, but it is fine if I want to get him up to 67lbs or so by increasing his food. I give him 1 and 1/4 cups twice a day, plus training treats. Logan is so on the move and young, so he's burning calories quite a bit I guess. Anyway, he'll be happy to get more food.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Cute but there's something in her eyes saying help meeeee.😄

• Haha
Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Cute but there's something in her eyes saying help meeeee.😄
Abby stands totally still for grooming. I know she doesn’t love being wet though. She’s probably mad at me for putting her through it. Haha

When she gets home from the groomer she rolls around on the couch for about 10 minutes messing her hair back up.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
Logan is enjoying the grands this weekend. We went to Citadel Park today and Logan wanted in there with the kids so badly. He also really wants their dinosaur toy, but he's very good about not taking it from them. Here he is is watching Charlotte hold it.

Dog Carnivore Mammal Picture frame Fawn

Grace and Logan at Citadel Park:

Glasses Dog Smile Vertebrate Happy

Grace and me:

Face Smile Glasses Lip Vision care

Here he is watching a birthday party going on in the park. I need to trim his ears and behind them up before I send him off to board for a week:

Dog Carnivore Collar Pet supply Companion dog

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
Logan has gone off to boarding school for eight nights while we are in Seattle. I am not a fan. He went straight in doing a full body tail wagging wiggle for them, so I think he's doing better than I am. 😅

·
Registered
328 Posts
Logan has gone off to boarding school for eight nights while we are in Seattle. I am not a fan. He went straight in doing a full body tail wagging wiggle for them, so I think he's doing better than I am. 😅
Beckett had his first day of boarding/daycare this weekend and I was a nervous wreck! He was only gone 6 hours but it was a practice run for a 5 day trip I’ll be taking soon. He did turn back to look at me to see why I wasn’t following him and the trainer down the stairs and it was so adorable - almost decided to skip the trial right then and there 😂
Have fun in Seattle! I love it there.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Beckett had his first day of boarding/daycare this weekend and I was a nervous wreck! He was only gone 6 hours but it was a practice run for a 5 day trip I’ll be taking soon. He did turn back to look at me to see why I wasn’t following him and the trainer down the stairs and it was so adorable - almost decided to skip the trial right then and there 😂
Have fun in Seattle! I love it there.
Thanks! I will. I polished my toe and fingernails this morning. I missed Logan resting his chin on the couch or my knee to let me know I was being boring. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
I just checked in on Logan via messenger. He's apparently doing very well. She said he's so social and everyone is really enjoying his friendly personality. His training is going well. I'm proud of myself as this was the first day I asked. 😅 She said I could check in as often as I like.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
I am sitting on a plane in Dallas and have been for almost two hours. Apparently, there were loose screws on the ground under the plane. They looked up and there were more missing screws. They said they were stripped. They replaced all but one and are waiting for the FAA to tell them they can fly without a screw.

Robin, if I bite it — I told Brittany (daughter) to contact you about showing Logan. 😅

Jeez. I’d like off the plane please.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I hope you are safely home. There are lots of things in life you just don't want to know about.

Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
I hope you are safely home. There are lots of things in life you just don't want to know about.
We are, you are correct, and thank you. I thought about that panel flying off and perhaps damaging a wing or the tail on the way home. A show I find very interesting and have watched too many times is Smithsonian's Air Disasters. I kind of wish I hadn't seen all of those.

It was a smooth flight and the pilot boogied. We ended up on the ground at 2:30 a.m. and finally going to sleep at 4:00 a.m.

I am currently a zombie trying to come back to life via caffeine.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts