Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
It's going to be a very pool summer until it becomes a very hiking in the mountains summer.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Logan woke up in full retrieving mode this morning. So far he has brought me a pair of my readers that fell on the floor in the bedroom. He walked through with them and plopped down on the floor in front of me, looking at me. I told him they were mine and to bring them to my hand, which he did. 😃 He also retrieves Abby's ceramic bowl every morning after she finishes eating and brings it to me. 😅

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think Logan is the kind of dog that, if he went to a dog party, would end up with a lamp shade on his head by the end of the night....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I took Logan to our Riverfront Park today. I should have been going here more often already. It's such a pretty park with 4 miles of pathway. He really enjoyed it and there are plenty of people (but not crowded) during the week and other dogs walking by.

A man jogged by us and then we saw him again coming the other way. He stopped and asked me if I would please tell him where I got Logan, so I told him. He said he is on a waiting list at an upstate breeder because his wife wants an English Cream. He kept going on about how beautiful Logan is and he knows the wait is long all over the place, but he'd rather wait for a dog like mine. I told Logan to stick close. 😅 (Kidding!)

He started jogging away and then turned and came back and asked if he could take a photo of Logan to send to his wife. lol Logan sat there like a good boy for his photo taking.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Busy day for Logan today, but no photos.

He took a walk, played fetch, went to agility, and swam. Whew!

In agility he had his A-game on for jumps, tunnel, A-frame, and teeter. A bug flew into his face on the teeter and he slowed down and went slow the second time also. I think he was thinking it would dive bomb him again. After that, he went back to his regular teeter behavior.

My agility instructor told me to stop saying his name unless he was in the tunnel and needed to turn coming out of it. I think I said his name at least five more times in class today. 🙃 I told her I would practice this week. I told my husband, Brian, that story and he talked about calling him "Dude." I told him absolutely not as I don't want him thinking his name is Dude. My apologies to anyone who reads this with a dog named Dude. 😅

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
We traveled up to Cashiers, NC today. Logan was able to play with a black lab two months younger than him. They had a grand time. He met Spencer last summer also and played with him then. I think they remembered each other. 💗🐶

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Hiking fun today -- Logan's first hike.

Whitewater Falls trail in Cashiers, NC.

And this is at Slabtown Pizza in Cashiers:

181 - 192 of 192 Posts