Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help from you masters of K9Data. I haven't had to upload a picture of my pups to k9Data for years, and I know that until recently, it wasn't even possible (they were having trouble with Photobucket hosting??). I read that it was possible again and I sat down to do it today and thought I had created a Photobucket account (I was even able to load my pictures and get a link to share the image) but when I try to upload it to K9Data, I get something that says image not available. When I try to get back into Photobucket, it won't recognize my username, email or password, and now I can no longer even find the link to create a free account. So I gave up on that and created an account in Imgur (which K9Data says is another option). That was MUCH easier, but when I upload the link on K9Data, I get a notice that they only accept links from Photobucket (even though they have extensive instructions about how to upload from Imgur). ARRGG! I am beyond frustrated at this point. :mad:

Can anyone explain to me what the problem is... I just want to load one photo to my dog's K9DATA account!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
For the imgur photo -- right click on the image and choose either "copy image address" or "copy image location" (depends on the browser). The "shareable" link that imgur gives is not a direct link, it brings you to the image on the imgur website which K9data can't use. My dog's photo is uploaded with imgur, but I had to resize the image manually a few times as K9data does not and it can be huge...

Edit: a screenshot of how I did it:
Screenshot 2020-06-05 12.19.33 copy.png

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Go to the imgur link and upload there, then post to k9data. Photobucket has gotten absurd and eventually only imgur will be on k9data...
Try again- I input all my dogs not long ago via imgur. Choose the direct link to paste to k9data.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to the imgur link and upload there, then post to k9data. Photobucket has gotten absurd and eventually only imgur will be on k9data...
Try again- I input all my dogs not long ago via imgur. Choose the direct link to paste to k9data.
@Prism Goldens BINGO! The "direct link" was the key (the instructions on K9Data said to use the "Image link"). Thanks so much for the help! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts