Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are bringing home our Charlie next week. The breeeder has been feeding him Lloyal Life Nutrena dog food. Has anyone used this before? Our vet recommended Purina Pro Plan which I have heard very good things. We are torn over the different recommendations. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,874 Posts
I am not familiar with that, it's recommended you keep the pup on the same food the breeder has been feeding for several weeks at least to avoid stomach upset when bringing your pup home. It will be an adjustment period for a while for your pup. Your pup will be away from everything he's known, his litter mates, adjusting to your home and schedule.

After your pup has been with you for awhile, if you want to make a switch, you can.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We are bringing home our Charlie next week. The breeeder has been feeding him Lloyal Life Nutrena dog food. Has anyone used this before? Our vet recommended Purina Pro Plan which I have heard very good things. We are torn over the different recommendations. Any thoughts?
Yes,i have been feeding my puppy this since we brought him home(our breeder was also feeding him it )He is still eating this dog food at this time and we will continue feeding him this dog food.No problems at all .Our puppy is 8 months old now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts