Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of their stuff is guaranteed for life. Just return it and they'll replace it...forever...no questions asked.

I returned a pair of boots once that started to come unstitched right away. They replaced them and I wore them for about 20 years. Wore them out.

Penny's Dad has worn out a pair of slip on 'boots'. Both his and mine were serviceable for years and years. They just plain wore out. No defect in quality or manufacturing.

I don't have the heart to ask Bean to make good on their guarantee. Would you?

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I wouldn't. I once asked an LL Bean rep about a ten year old comforter, and she said that the customer gets to define what an appropriate lifespan for a product is, so if I wanted to exchange she'd do it. But, since I felt the item had held up to an appropriate lifespan (and more), it didn't feel right to exchange it.

Once an LL Bean product gives you more than a typical lifespan for what it is (a shoe, a watch, whatever), I think it's only fair to buy a new one, even though LL Bean will almost always honor the guarantee.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I wouldn't use the guarantee unless it was a defect in workmanship that caused the product to be unusable. I'd feel guilty :)

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Yes, i know boots are, and their clothes last, BUT AFTER THAT MANY YEARS, NO THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT, IF AFTER A FEW YEARS, OKAY ,TO DO ,BUT NO WAY FOR MORE YEARS.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's how I feel about it too. I tried to buy a new pair of boots from Bean last year but they don't make the ones I had. I bought a pair of Ariat boots that I can also ride in.

This year, Penny's Dad is getting 2 pairs of new boots from Bean...and I'll be happy to pay for them!

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
LL Bean is my favorite retailer. They always have great photos of goldens in their sales literature!

·
Provider of the bacon
2,935 Posts
I just realized that everything I'm wearing right now except my socks is from LL Bean. Last year I bought a pair of boots and wasn't sure I liked them. I called to ask how long I had to decide. She said, "Whenever." I said, "So I can wear them for a month in the winter and then decide I don't want them and send them back?" She said, "Yup."

They just opened a store by me, too! And I use my LL Bean Visa for most of my credit card purchases everywhere so then Bean sends my $10 coupons. And they let you use more than one coupon at a time. Over the summer I used 4 of them to get $40 off a pair of shoes.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, John in New York. Our son isn't too far from you: Hopewell Junction.

I love the Bean coupons. Of course, it keeps me buying there but at least I can save up my coups and turn them all in on one thing like you did. They have great products and great customer service. That's why I'd feel like I was taking advantage of them if I made them replace worn out boots.

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
i AGREE THAT ONCE THEY ARE OLD, OLD AND JUST PLAIN WORM OUT WITH NO DEFECT, THEY SHOULD NOT BE RETURNED.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I just got off the phone with them. Fabulous customer service. I shopped the sale this weekend and got 2 pairs of leather (not suede) comfort moc shoes--they are perfect kick around shoes for me. One pair black, one pair brown. They arrived today--and one pair was black leather, the other pair was black suede--even though the box said brown leather! I called and they are sending the correct shoes out. I'm not sure why the other shoes were in the box for brown leather, but I really need brown and leather, not suede. Nice shoe but cheaper than what I ordered. They offered to overnight them but I told them to just use the regular shipping.

I'd never send something back after the 12 month mark and if I wore it a lot I'd feel guilty at 12 months and probably wouldn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts