Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Unfortunately my almost 13yr old golden was diagnosed with a liver tumor. He was aspirated and still waiting for the results. I have done some research online on diet. does anybody know of a bagged dog food that is low/no carbs but not to high (initially) in protein? I have looked at EVO but I am not sure if my pup will be able to stomach it. He is presently on: Innova senior, benadryl, tramadol, antacid, denosyl, senior vitamin, fish oil.

He still/now has a healthy appetite after struggles last month....Deramaxx issues or maybe the tumor/histamines. No vomiting or loose stool right now. Weight somewhat steady and still active for an almost 13 yr old.

So to summarize, any advice on a low/no carb bag food with moderately high protein would be appreciated. Also any experiences and advice in dealing/slowing down the tumor growth would be a help

Thanks in advance...Gromit, Jeannette & Paul

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am sorry about you having to find us because of this. There is a website that might be able to help you. They have alot of information on there in regards to goldens with cancer. http://store.landofpuregold.com/#Health It has alot of different kinds of food listed and other suppliments.
We will say a prayer for Gromit and your family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts