Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Yes, we scheduled a vet appointment but wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Anyone know what this could be? It's like our puppy's skin next to his privates has turned brown in a teeny little spot, maybe the size of my fingernail. I tried wiping it off, and some brownish gunk came off but that brown spot does not. It almost looks like a freckle or a birthmark? But kind of flaky on the skin? I don't remember noticing this before - it must have come about the last week or so. He's had little skin bumps and tags and the vet has had no concern. He doesn't seem too irritated by it, other than generally licking that he'll do on occasion. He's 17 weeks old, very hyper happy guy. Eats like a machine, sleeps like a baby. Google says might be a yeast infection?
View attachment 869793
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,800 Posts
Welcome, I wouldn't be too concerned with the dark color skin patch, that is pretty common.
I'd keep an eye on the growth, if it gets red, changes size or starts oozing, I'd have the Vet take a look at it.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Doesn't look yeasty - that's usually got a red tinge. I bet if you use baby oil and a cotton ball it'll come off but if not, just watch it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It definitely flakes off.... wonder what it is? He's got a little bit on the other side of his tummy. Just random for it to appear. We will see how it goes the next week and decide to cancel or keep the vet appointment. I hate to worry about nothing!

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,800 Posts
It definitely flakes off.... wonder what it is? He's got a little bit on the other side of his tummy. Just random for it to appear. We will see how it goes the next week and decide to cancel or keep the vet appointment. I hate to worry about nothing!
Try the cotton ball with baby oil on it as Prism suggested and see if it comes off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts