Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

My husband and I are curious whether anyone on this board knows of breeders in Southern California (anywhere within ~100 miles of Los Angeles) who currently have litters available or are expecting.

We're looking ideally for an American Golden female with a playful and independent temperament. We already have an extremely loving, obedient, and goofy 3 year old Golden male (neutered and healthy) named Kodi. We own our home, which has a nice back yard and a lot of space to run around indoors (it gets hot during the day) in a nice neighborhood for walks. I work from home, so the puppy will be accompanied most of the day, and use a positive reinforcement training method. We have a great relationship with our vet and insurance through Healthy Paws (I'd highly recommend them!)

We've searched around a bit, mostly going off of this list ( http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...468618-southern-california-breeders-list.html ) and have gotten on a couple wait lists, but we're ideally looking for a puppy sooner rather than in several months to a year.

If anyone can help us, we'd be grateful!

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,830 Posts
Have you contacted the Golden Retriever Club in your area for a Breeder referral-they may be able to tell you of breeders with available pups.

https://www.grca.org/about-grca/grca-clubs-map/

Unfortunately members can't post info on the board about Breeders that have pups available due to Rule #4, they can send you info through a PM.

Good luck in your search.

·
155 Posts
Honestly, for a quality puppy that will be ideal you will more than likely wait a few months. My bitch will not have puppies ready to go home (if all goes as planned god willing) until mid December. I have 4 families that will have waited almost a year simply because they love my girls temperament and look and love the sire. you will have that pup for (god willing) many many years. go to a dog show. find a dog/ bitch you love and find that breeder. you will be so grateful you did the research and found YOUR perfect match 5 years from now. I totally understand the excitement to get a puppy but this is definitely one of those times where instant gratification isn't always the best idea. GOOD LUCK!! I feel you honestly, looked for my girl for nearly a year but wanted my perfect match... I just know the wait is SO SO HARD!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts