Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to use all venues available to me to look for help. My girl Eire had a c-section done yesterday which produced 13 lovely puppies. However there were complication durring surgery where Eire crashed and tonight had to be rushed to the emergency clinic as she went into Shock. If anyone knows of any girls that justed weaned a litter or could help with nursing the little ones I would greatly appreciate the help.

We are in the S. Wisconsin area, so the closer the better if anyone knows some one in this area.

You can PM me or email me a [email protected]

Thank You,
Mac

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I'm sorry John, I'm no help, just want to say all my thoughts and prayers are with you and Eire, please keep us updated if you get a chance.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
PM TahneeGR or Swampcollie. I know Linda is in Wisconsin, but I can't remember where Swampcollie is located. They may know of someone who can help and may not see this thread.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Mac, I sent you a PM and an email- so sorry

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Sorry- I meant to pm- did find a good possibility

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
ohh,boy,how scary.((hugs)) I hope you will find a solution soon.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sorry I can't be of much practical help, just wanted to say I'm so sory this has happened. My thoughts are with you, Eire and those tiny puppies today....

·
16,000 Posts
This has been posted on W_G, too. I've sent an inquiry to a friend in the Milwaukee area with Collies, and also another with Pointers... hope we can find something quick...

Has anyone heard from Mac? Is he okay?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I will post when/if I hear from Mac. Pat Quinn has been in touch with him and everyone is working overtime to find help.
Thank you to everyone who is praying and thinking of Eire - I'm sure Mac is so grateful!

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Two good possibilities for midwest foster moms if help is still needed mac; give me a call at 207.899.1185- although I bet you're already set. I am thinking of Eire and hoping she pulls through this.

Jovonnie sent a formula to help as well

Jill, here it is:
Milk Replacement for puppies and kittens:
8 ounces WHOLE or GOATS Milk
1 Egg YOLK
1 tsp CORN oil
5 drops COD LIVER oil (I pierce a capsule and squeeze it)
2 drops of INFANT VITAMINS

Give 30CC per 4 Ounces of body weight throughout the day per day.

his.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Everyone,

We are still waiting on a solution for Eire. She is being given a blood transfusion this morning in hopes that this will help with the shock. As of thus far we have not been able to determine what led the trauma.

We sent some e-mails out this morning in hopes of finding help. I will keep you posted. We are exhausted here. Luckily my older girl Nibby has decided that she wants to help clean the puppies. She is amazing, unfortunately she can't help with the nursing.

Thank you for all your prayers,
Mac

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Poor Eire...get better soon. I wish I lived closer I would help with feeding puppies... I hope you find the help you need soon.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that Eire is going through this. I'm not in the area and don't have any help but I'm thinking of you and hoping that Eire annd all of the puppies pull through.

I just google searched GR breeders in Wisconsin and came across this one that I e-mailed: http://www.haymeadowsprings.com/home with the link to this thread and the OP's e-mail address. Maybe they can help, or know someone who can.

Do you think it would hep to contact any rescues? Maybe they have some good contacts?

Edit:

I just found another through the AKC site which lists that they had puppies on September 13th, called Sunshine Goldens. I just sent them an e-mail as well.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
I'm so very sorry to read this! I looked for some information on the litter, but had not expected this. I hope everything will work out ok, for Eire, the puppies and you!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Thanks, Molson's mom. It is so nice of everyone to be so helpful. At this point, any feelers or contacts help. My hope is that we will end up with too many people that can help rather than not enough.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts