Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone has any info on this kennel/breeder. My husband (before we met) purchased a golden retriever puppy from them almost 11 years ago. She was his constant companion and love of his life. She recently passed away, and even though the time is not right yet, we will be looking for another golden girl in the future. As far as I know my husband had to sign a contract, and Matilda's (our gr) parents were both health tested, hips, eyes, etc. I know that he really wants another puppy from the same breeder, but, I want to make sure that his want for a pup from the same place doesn't overshadow everything else. Matilda was a wonderful and beautiful girl and we miss her dearly. I have looked and looked on-line, but Lissany kennels doesn't appear to have a website. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
You know, I am not sure abou the kennel overall, but I did meet an absolute fantastic Lissany dog back a while. Boomer, Can Ch Lissany HyVallee's Promises Time (?) or something like that. Are they in the Maine/NH.MA area? If so I will ask around. It just rings a bell.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I see some dogs listed on the OFA database - some dogs have all four ... some dogs are missing some (the breeder may have not sent in the missing clearances)..however without knowing specific dogs...the info wouldnt lead me to make conclusions one way or the other...

Have you contacted the breeder to ask if they are still breeding?

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
Thanks! It is one of those names that I know I know, but can't quite pin down in my mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I *think* they are in Massachusetts, but don't quote me on that. I haven't been able to find much on-line but I know that some breeders don't have websites. I'm sure my husband has her info, but I'm afraid his e-mail won't read "hi, I have questions for you about your dogs/breeding" but instead "Hi, when can we come and get a puppy from you". Lol. I'm kind of sneak investigating behind his back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A little late with this reply.I am an old neighbor of Selmas.We have an 11 year old called Rhythm from one of her litters.She named her litters after a theme.Ours was music...hence Rhythm.I have her contact details if you wish to still email me:[email protected](We now reside in Ireland).Selma and her husband Ed are a great couple.Extremely fussy about who their Goldens go to so your husband was honoured to have been chosen!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts