Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vet put Lincoln on Vanectly P which I *think* is Temarel P..

She said he may need a dose of this to maintain his itchy skin for the rest of his life. I dont know how I feel about it.

Its got trimeprazine tartrate and prednisolone in it. He seems to be doing okay at 3 pills a day. I want to try to get him down to 3 pills every other day.

Does anyone have any experience with dogs on a long term steroids? I am very hesitant about it but he doesnt seem to have the negative side effects of it that he did before (constant drinking and peeing). He still drinks a bit more and pees more but hes not having accidents inside.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I prefer prednisolon as oppose to prednisone as prednisolone doesnt have the be process through the liver from what im reading

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I've heard that dogs deal with steroid use better that humans. Our friends have a dog that has some sort of auto-immune issue that he takes steroid for.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I hope my vet is open to keeping him on this without the $1000 testing for allergies. Its either the steroid and routine blood work or I cant keep him on it at all.

We shall see. I called her Monday and havent heard back. Called back today to politely tell them I am waiting for her call still

1 - 4 of 4 Posts