Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucy has developed a slight limp during a game of fetch the other day. She doesn't seem to be in any amount of pain and simple manipulation of her paw and leg doesn't seem to bother her in the least but she is limping a little. She has to go in to the vet on Friday for an unrelated issue so she will be checked out then. She doesn't let it bother her but I am afraid that her puppy brain is only interested in playing and not the pain lol.

We haven't taken her to play fetch since to let it heal and the limp has gone away but still is there.

I am hoping that we didn't let her play too hard. I have been taking her to the local school yard and using the "chuck it" to launch tennis balls for her. She's 5 months 1 week old and would go for about 30-45 mins with lots of running.

She wants to go play so bad but I don't want her to get hurt more. It seems like a sprain maybe but not too sure. Any ideas on puppy sprains? Anything i should look for to know if she's not ok or back to normal?

Attachments

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Well it could be just too much play or turned the wrong way. I would have vet take a good look.
Did you check her paw and pads thoroughly? Not sure where you are but in my nack of the woods the squirrels are feasting on the acorns and dropping the broken shells everywhere. My pack at times get one stuck between the pads (thing about the lion and the mouse fable). You have to sometimes really feel around in between the pads under the foot to find them.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Like Ambika said check her paws and pads to make sure she didn't step on anything.

If it's a sprain should be better in a few days.

If not, I would call the vet and ask if she should be brought in.

Lucy is SO ADORABLE!!!:):):):)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Sprains and strains can take longer to heal properly than some fractures. Bailey ended up on forced rest for a month for her limp. Not a fun time trying to keep her quiet, but she ended up just fine.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
AWWWW Lucy is Adorable! I hope she just played a bit to hard, and is just sore from it all. Good reports hoped for on her Vet visit! :)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
She is a gorgeous pup. Love her dog tag, very clever. I know I have never raised a puppy through to adolesence without having seen a slight limp from time to time. I'm sure Lucy will be fine but be sure to point it out to your vet on Friday for a good look see. Let us know how you make out and be sure to post lots of Lucy pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts