Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok for the last 2 or 3 nights when hope is up on the bed and i am there and hunter trys and come up on the bed to sleep she growls at him and she doesn't really bit him but sorta nips at him like she is saying hey i am here first not u

How can i stop this any other time she is fine with him getting on the bed but its the night time she is being a prissy lil broad.

Should i have hunter on the bed first and then allow her up there or what

I should also add hunter will not do nothing back to her he will back d own

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would make Hope get down right after she growls. She needs to learn it is not her bed, it is yours and you are sharing it. What does she do if Hunter gets up there first and she comes second?

My Shelby used to do that and I told her to get down. She quickly learned that behavior was not allowed.

·
Banned
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what i have been doing is making her get off the bed and telling her she can lay on the floor or lay out on the couch and that i am not gonna have that crap

She doesn't do nothing when hunter is up there on the bed first but lay down.. i mean everysince hunter was potty trained he has always layed up by my head with his on my second pillow and he know's he is allowed to do that if hope is not up there already..

I am gonna keep making her get off the bed if she keeps this crap up...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know what others think of this, it seems so "unfair," but I used to make both animals get down off the bed if either one of them started anything, and that solved the problem within a week.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Dog's don't care about fair. Dogs care about "I want this" and "this works, so I'm going to keep doing it!" :) If it worked for you, that's great, worth a try!

·
the party's crashing us
4,420 Posts
That is Hope telling you she needs to be swiftly and forcefully removed from the bed.

·
Banned
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she was fine last night with him getting up there but if she does it again i will make her get off the bed and when she d oes do this to hunter he get's off the bed and lays on the floor.. he is a lover not a fighter..

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
You guard it, you lose it. A simple, "Too bad - off.." or whatever your cue us to get her off the bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts