Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home this morning from dropping DD off at school (HS sophomore). Had left puppy in kitchen with Wobbler to entertain him for 10 minutes while gone. Walked over to the gate separating kitchen/dining area from living room to find DD had not latched gate behind her. Tucker hadn't noticed so no harm done today...but this kind of carelessness goes on all the time. She leaves food wrappers where the dogs can get them...half-eaten paper bags of lunch on the floor when she empties her backpack..the snacks cupboard door wide open (it's at ground level)...etc., etc., etc.

I get on her case about it :FIREdevil and she's improving but ...

She's driving me up a wall. I feel I have to constantly monitor what she's left behind. I suppose most teenagers do some form of this but it's so dangerous with dogs in the house, especially a puppy who is a certified land shark. :doh:

Anyway, the mothering continues with all of the little ones, human and canine. :bricks1:

Gotta love 'em all... :--heart:

·
VickiR
239 Posts
I hear you.
I have the same problem only my kids are older.

The difference between puppies and kids?
Puppies will eventually learn.
Kids-not so sure. :doh:

·
flykelley
675 Posts
I know how you feel, don't know how many times I have had to tell my daughter to make sure all of her dirty cloths were in a basket not on the floor. Lilly my 6 year old Golden has been known to eat socks and underwear. She has pooped them all out but Im afraid to death that one day she won't be able to get one out and off to the vet we have to go. She is now 20 and is better at it but every once in a while Lilly shows up just smiling and proud to show me what she has found on the floor. Crazy dog.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts