Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is quite a lengthy report, very difficult to try to begin to understand with all the medical terms of everything. It explains it all in detail, and there are two parts of the biopsy. First is the growth itself, which is officially diagnosed as: Fibroadnexal Hamartoma with Mixed Inflammatory Dermatitis, right rear fifth digit. Squamous Papilloma right rear, fifth digit.
The second report is the Decalcification sections of the toe. Diagnosed as: Mixed Inflammatory Osteomyelitis of the Distal Phalanx.
Basically, the Vet said it was a quite rare infection of the bone. It noted multiple areas where there were disruptions of the bone. It really is quite interesting the various comments made, yet very difficult to understand.
I feel so very THANKFUL this was not Cancer. They spoke with my Vet, and said it was an interesting and very different and odd case for sure. They were not surprised that no one seemed to know what it possibly could have been.
Lexi got the rest of the stitches out today, and is now it is just still very sore if it is bumped. I just don't even want to think about if it had not been removed, with the bone continually weakening.
I would like to thank everyone who so kindly prayed for Lexi, and for a good outcome to all of this. It has meant so much to me, to have all of your support.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
It sounds like good news overall. I am so glad! And no more waiting for results must be a big relief.

Give that sweet girl a smooch from me!

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Yay, no cancer :) It does sound quite complicated, a combination of a couple of different complicated things! But not cancer.

So you did the right thing with the amputation, you must be relieved. Once she heals, will she regain complete use and strength of her foot again?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
So happy it wasn't cancer. Hope she continues to heal well and will be good as new without her toe!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I don't understand a single one of the medical terms but anything is better than the dreaded "C" word. Great to hear she is on the right track now. She will be in my thoughts.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
the medical jargon is confusing but the most important thing is no cancer. What wonderful news for you and Lexi. I can imagine a huge weight has now been lifted finally knowing what it was. Sending continued good wishes for Lexi as her foot heals.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Overall, it sounds like good news to me.

If I had ever spouted those kind of words to my mom, I would have had my mouth washed out with soap! ;)

Hope Lexi makes a full and speedy recovery.

SJ

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
I'm so glad to hear the biopsy was benign. What a hamartoma is is an abnormal growth made up of the normal cells from an area. For example a smooth muscle hamartoma is a little mass of smooth muscle cells where you would normally find smooth muscle. A squamous papilloma is basically a wart which is what I think you were seeing prior to the surgery.

Anyway, it is great news for you and Lexi and I am very happy.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is wonderful news no dreaded Cancer. We can all do the Snoopy happy dance once Lexi's foot is feeling better. Wonderful news to start the new year.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Oh, good! FINALLY, some good news with one of our fur babies regarding biopsys!. That is awesome and I bet you are so so relieved. Way to go, Lexi!

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Great news! And a bone infection? No wonder the poor girl was hurting! I am sure she will feel so much better when she heals completely.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I don't understand most of the terms,either, but I am so thrilled for you that it's not cancer! That's terrific news!
Will continue to send prayers for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Am so glad to hear that Lexi is going to get better now and you can stop worrying that it might be cancer. It won't be long before she's back to normal and enjoying life. Excellent news!!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Lexi

I don't know how I missed this until now.
So happy for LEXI that it's not cancer.
How are you and she doing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts