Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have asked in the other thread how Lexi was coming along now, since her stitches are completely out. She is doing remarkably well, now that she doesn't have stitches in her, that would make her want to constantly lick her foot. It was quite a job, trying to constantly watch her, so she didn't always have to have the e-collar on. Although, I will say, that I can't say enough good things about the inflatable collar. It made a pillow for her head, and although not the most comfortable thing in the world, she was far happier than with the usual plastic ones. I just can't get over what a stoic little girl she has been through all of this surgery and recovery. The Vet is very pleased with how it has healed, and happy to see that she didn't chew it up! LOL wow....I will say, that has been the hardest part.
The Vet said when her hair grows back on her foot, it won't be nearly as noticeable as it is now. But, the most important thing is, that the horrible growth and the bone infection is now GONE!! We just need to watch, to make sure no new growth shows up in any other of the pads on her foot!
Thank you all again, for keeping Lexi and me in your thoughts and prayers through all of this difficult last month. I feel so very blessed and thankful for the outcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Oh wow I think it looks great! I cannot tell you how happy I am it all came out so well. Happy hugs to you both my friend! :)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
It looks great!

I'm glad she is doing well and the horrible little monster tumor/infection is gone.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Great News Karen!!!!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Thank gosh she is alright and has pretty doggy feet once again. That picture a month back was a little scary.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
glad to here she is doing so well
is she able to walk on her foot yet or is she holding it off the ground
I must say although her foot looks "diferent" it certainly looks better than the before picture

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm glad the sweet girl is doing so well! Way to go on keeping her from licking! That's a tough job! LOL!

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Looks really good!!!!! GREAT job Momma!!!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Her foot looks so good! Unbelievable how that sore was so nasty!
Kudos to you Karen for being such a good doggie mom!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
You did a great job keeping her from licking at her foot. It actually looks really good.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
glad to here she is doing so well
is she able to walk on her foot yet or is she holding it off the ground
I must say although her foot looks "diferent" it certainly looks better than the before picture
Actually, she is walking and even running on it since the final stitches came out. I think it was very uncomfortable and pulled on the skin, making it very sore till they came out.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on her foot. It really has been a very "SCARY" ordeal to go through, and filled with so much uncertainty. I am just so thankful she has handled this so well, and on the road to a full recovery. :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You've handled it really well too :) I'm sure that has a lot to do with how well Lexi has done.

Thank you Jo....I really appreciate that! :) There were so many times, I just wanted to cry, and bury my face in her soft neck, it was so upsetting. But, you know these Golden's, she could read every single feeling I felt, and I really tried very hard not to let her feel how anxious and upset I was.:no: They are so remarkable this breed....is it any wonder WHY we all love them so very much! :smooch:

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Wow, what a difference from the before and after photos, and good to hear that she is not holding her foot up - it probably bothers you more than her. Continued good wishes for Lexi, and give yourself a pat on the back for helping her to get through it all

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Glad Lexi is going well and is such a good patient.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts