Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lexi's babies were featured for the Christmas week of Online Golden Retriever Magazine!
I had submitted my very favorite picture of them, and it was chosen as their cover!! I told Lexi for all she has been through, she should be SO PROUD of her Golden Angels. That picture just warms my heart, as I remember each one this holiday season...and how very much I loved them! Merry Christmas sweet babies....you are 2 now! These pictures are from Klondike and Walkers litter! Be sure and read their cover story link under their picture!

http://www.grweekly.com

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tomorrow Lexi gets her stitches removed! It is really becoming a battle to keep her from bothering her foot. :no: She just HATES the collar, though it is much more comfortable than the hard plastic one. I have been not making her wear it, unless I have to leave somewhere. I am thinking from the healing, it is probably starting to itch, and feels very uncomfortable for her. When the stitches come out, hopefully they will recommend something really good for the itching.
I am still waiting for the results of the biopsy, hopefully by Christmas!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
AWWWW stop it.... that is just tooo darned cute!!!! Well I can see why they chose your pic for the cover... congrats!!

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
Recovery is moving along! I hope after the stitches come out it will not bother her as much.

The picture on GRW is adorable.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Now if you had entered that picture in our December contest here, I would have had a much harder time voting! What an adorable picture, such sweetness and pure innocence :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat

I wonder if she's also experiencing phantom pain/sensations? I hear that's common with amputations. I have no idea what this phantom stuff feels like but I can imagine for a dog's paw, it could be extremely uncomfortable. Poor Lexi, but she's come a long ways!

I'm praying for wonderful news for you and Lexi by Christmas, wouldn't that be the best gift of all :)

Now I have to go look at that picture again :D

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
What an adorable picture. I can see why it was chosen. Glad that she is doing better. Hopefully her foot quits bothering her so much. Maybe benedryl will help with itching.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I think my heart just melted....... :--heart::--heart::--heart::--heart::--heart:

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Karen, that photo is adorable!!!!! Nothing is sweeter than golden pups.

Praying for Lexi and that her biopsy is negative and her foot heals quickly (and itching stops!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts