Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration for a second and final breeding for Lexi, we have had her bred. Her first breeding was on February 13, so expected whelping date is April 18th.
We had two or three stud's we considered, doing test breeds on all three. Beautiful dogs, with equally wonderful pedigrees on them and Lexi. Tonka, the Stud we didn't choose, belongs to Stacia as well as Sol. A lot of Kirby in his lineage, beautiful dog. In the end.....we chose a second breeding with Sol...Colorbooks Nothing Like the Sun. We were so pleased with this first breeding, and being a Hobby Breeder, and Lexi's final litter, this was our decision. Now, the wait begins till we know if she is pregnant.:crossfing
I am so thrilled and excited to see these puppies! Each and every one of her previous litter were just Gorgeous! At this point, I am not planning on keeping one of this litter, although it would be so nice to keep a female. I guess that remains to be seen, as origionally I planned on a female with the first litter, and instead chose my Klondike. I couldn't be more pleased with that decision!

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
So will these be full siblings to beautiful Klondike? I cannot wait to see puppy pictures. I bet Lexi is going to be one pampered girl for the next several weeks!

Colorbooks Nothing Like the Sun:That's a very literary name!

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun (Sonnet 130)
by William Shakespeare

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So will these be full siblings to beautiful Klondike? I cannot wait to see puppy pictures. I bet Lexi is going to be one pampered girl for the next several weeks!

Colorbooks Nothing Like the Sun:That's a very literary name!

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun (Sonnet 130)
by William Shakespeare

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

That is absolutely Beautiful Jill! Thank you for sharing that. In answer to your question....yes, they will be full siblings to Klondike. Lexi will definitely be very pampered, as she always is. LOL She is known as "Princess" in our house, even when she isn't pregnant, so I guess that pretty well sums it up! I am planning on taking some new pictures of Klondike today. I want to have some current pictures of Lexi and Klondike to put in my puppy pac I put together. Sol's owner is sending me some current pictures of Sol. He is just gorgeous. Are you familiar with any of the dogs in Lexi and Sol's pedigree's? Some really wonderful dogs there! Klondike looks so much like his Grandfather.....just amazing the resemblance.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
If I remember right, Klondike is a nice line breeding on Chuckanut's Banjo?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If I remember right, Klondike is a nice line breeding on Chuckanut's Banjo?
Yes, that is correct....he is a line breeding. Banjo was one of I think, the most wonderful Golden's I have seen. His temperament and his beauty we so wanted to get from these puppies. I have included Sol's Pedigree as well. He is Beautiful.
Also Jill....look at Decker....same with him. If you go to Decker's k-9 data page, you will be amazed. It truly is like looking at Klondike. Ken and Wayne, Stacia....we are all so pleased with what has come through with this line breeding. So hoping Lexi is pregnant, and for more of the same in this litter.

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=19240

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=38026

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=141229

1 - 7 of 7 Posts