Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Andrei and as of yet I don't own a golden retriever. I started lurking on this forum a couple of months ago (maybe even a year) learning everything I could about golden retrievers. I've wanted to own a dog for a long time now and finally decided it was the right time. I've seen and heard many horror stories about people getting dogs without deciding which breed, activity level, temperament, etc is suited for them and I didn't want to be one of them.

After many months of research, I contacted Heather from Arcane Goldens and applied for a puppy from her upcoming Blue themed litter (Blue x Demi). I cannot say enough about how good of a breeder she is and I have yet to get a dog from her. Upon meeting with her, all my questions and then some were throughly answered.

We will be expecting a puppy from her on July 9th weekend. :crossfing Her name will be Laika in honour of the first animal in orbit. (Yeah I know, geeky, but I'm a physicist)

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
Welcome to the board. All the best with your new puppy. We will expect many pictures and updates on your Laika.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi Andrei from one of the many Southern Ontario folk and dogs on here! Can't wait to see pictures of your Laika when she becomes yours and I hope you'll join us at one of the many southern ontario GRF meet ups we have when your pup is ready!! Glad you're here! :)

·
Lubbin mi prends!
8,960 Posts
Welcome Andrei,
I love the name Laika - it was on our list, too.
Enjoy your first year with her.
Our Lilly will turn 1 year tomorrow and I won't forget these first wonderful first weeks, months, this year with our Golden. We never had a Golden (and never had a dog) before, so like you, we did quite some research before we decided to do the first step. But what can I say - after one year, I cannot imagine to live without her and so I wish the best for you.
Enjoy your puppy and keep us posted with pictures and stories :)

Heike

Attached are two photos ..
The first picture was one on her first day at home at her immediately favorite spot in the garden, well - the second one is a recent shot...

Attachments

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian......I like the name Laika...unique! Can't wait to see pictures of her.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew I should've made this post sooner.

You guys are so friendly and welcoming. I guess I probably wasn't ready at the time and didn't know if I was getting a golden or not. We'll in my mind I always did but my gf wanted a lab.

turtle66: Beautiful puppy. Where did you get yours from?

·
Worth her weight in gold.
186 Posts
Congratulations...
Man I remember when we frist started looking into what breed to get...way back 1994... I got books, went to dog shows...talked to tons of people...and there was never a second choice. Skye is our forth Golden...
We're getting older and when we decided to get another dog after the loss of Spark..I thought maybe we should go to a smaller dog that won't kill me when it wants to be a lap dog.... Sh*t this house without a Golden is not a home...
Big or not I know Goldens..how to love them..it just comes easy...

Sorry I get to rattling from time to time..Welcome...

·
Lubbin mi prends!
8,960 Posts
turtle66: Beautiful puppy. Where did you get yours from?
Thank you - I think so, too - but I am biased ;)

We got Lilly from a local breeder in Portland, Oregon; Donna Nyberg and her Adagio Golden Retrievers. I truly can recommend her and her puppies. We got Lilly with 8 weeks and she was already socialized quite a bit - Donna spent one weekend at the Coast with all of her puppies last summer (I have no idea how she managed that) , she went to a retirement home with those 7 puppies, they were used to vacuum cleaners, television, car rides before the new owner got them....

Good luck with Laika
Enjoy those first months! They will be unforgettable! And the good thing is: It doesn't stop :)

Heike

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I love your soon to be new pups name. Looking forward to the birth and pics.

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
Soon Andrei....the countdown is on!!!!!!!! Demi, I am sure will be happy to get her waistline back!!! Blue could care less ;) the dough-head was even trying to get frisky with poor Demi this past weekend at an interview appt! I like your name choice :) ...watch the website for the litter birth announcement!!!!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! You have picked a great breeder in Heather and are very lucky to get a pup of hers. I am jealous!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome Andrei!!!!Love Laika name.You are russian ,rigth? So as I. Cant wait to see pictures.
Nope I am not Russian. Romanian actually, but I've been in Canada for more years now. Laika was the name of my grandfathers dog in Romania. We had Sch3 German Sheppard (German Lineage). I loved that dog so much that we decided to keep the name.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Congratulations- your puppy is going to be popular on the forum! Can't wait for photos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts