Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I wanted some new photos of my 2 puppies together. Here is a lesson on how NOT to do them. ope these are large enough to read.

And Finally Ta Da!!!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Those are beautiful pictures. It was hard to read the lessons, but I got the jist of them, too funny!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Very nice! For some reason I like the middle one the best.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
I love the finial pictures too....can you come to Maryland and take pictures of Chester and Murphy?

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I could just make out the words on the little pics but it looks like the work all paid off! Your pics are gorgeous, and your subjects are so cute! :) My fav is the 3rd from the end.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had a hard time reading the lessons, but ALL the pictures are just gorgeous! I would have to assume you are a professional photographer?

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Great pictures!!! I love the last one especially :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all. I wish you could read the funnies. Photo bucket sizes the stuff and makes it so small it is hard to read. It was a riot trying to get the photos. One would leave and the other one would leave. Then they went nuts when they knew there were treats. Then they are rolling around wrestling. One would have their eyes closed then another. They were more interested in looking at my son than the camera. If I made a noise, they cam to me. LOL

Actually I am an RN. When I had to stop working as an RN because of medical problems I was going stark raving mad doing nothing & feeling pretty worthless. We were also very broke without my paycheck. When my Mom died she left me some money & I bought a Canon Rebel XT. Mostly so I could do photos of my 3 son's sports. My oldest was a senior that year & the price of senior photos were outrageous, so I asked him if I could give his a try. Promised I would come up with money for real ones if he didn't like them. He did, & showed them to people. A friend wanted me to do her sons, then another, then people I didn't know.
So, not a professional as in, went to school & learned. I am self taught & always learning more. I do run a small business, but have nearly had to give that up this year also because of health problems. I am starting now to do photo painting from files or photos. Something I can do totally at home if I should have to give up the on location stuff. Any time I made some money I put it back in to equipment, lens & another camera.
Not ready to post any examples of the painting yet, maybe after the holidays after I have some more time to play.
Thanks again for the comments.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Of the final three the third one is my favorite...their expressions and head tilt. Amazing photos and the out takes are just as adorable!!
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and wish you well.

~Jackie

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
OMG I am laughing so hard just looking at the photos and imagining how many HOURS it took you to finally get them to pose so beautifully!

Great job and of course your subjects are absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
great picture .How long it took you to final result?

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
Totally Awesome pictures........I can't believe that their not panting or covered with drool!!! What did you use for a backdrop? Do you use those special lite lamps?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Olik, I don't remember how long it took. I Had 2 helpers also. We would try a while & take a break, then try again for some more. I had hoped they were tired but they just seem to get more rambunctious. By the end we were all cracking up. I usually have a little better luck, but two together is extra hard. LOL
This backdrop is actually a hand painted backdrop I bought. If you want to try something at home piece of material, a bedsheet or table cloth works great. Don't use white, it will come out grey unless you have a LOT of light. The trick is to have them a little distance away from the background. 4-6 feet if possible. Then you won't get shadows on the background & it gives you some separation. Another great background is color table paper or art paper that comes in a wide roll.

If you don't have photo lights you can use shop lights. (The 1st year I did my sons photos I used shop lights) Just be very careful. because shop lights get hot. If you use different light you need to do a "white balance" check. For instance, everyone has seen the yellow cast in photos that are done inside. If you set your camera for that light it won't look yellow even if it is taken inside.
I put the comics in my profile, they might be a little larger. Without posting them 1 at a time the site limits them to 600 wide.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts