Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 9 month old Male (obviously) puppy, named Leo, neutered on Monday this week. I've unfortunately had to work two jobs and some doubles this week, and haven't spent much time with him. I spent all Monday night with the groggy fella and just made him as comfortable as he could be in his cone. Since then my parents have looked after him, and apparently the cone fell off and they had difficulty trying to put it back on. I was under the impression that it wasn't rocket science, but I digress.

Leo's...Well I guess the best way to put it is his sack is black and blue or bruised. I tried to look this up to see if it was common or a problem and was unable to really get any information. He's being completely normal and doesn't show any signs of pain or irritation so I didn't want to call the vets emergency hotline once I noticed it. I figured I would give a call tomorrow afternoon at work, but until then I'd like some piece of mind. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,421 Posts
Some bruising is normal, but if the scrotum is swollen you should have him checked by the vet.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
That's normal. If you notice any swelling, call you vet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe it's normal for his sack to be black and blue after the neuter surgery. Homer's was and he recovered just fine. The bruising went away in a few days. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't start to swell or look inflamed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts