Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo quick question .. moose is 7 months and he hasn't started lifting his leg.. is this something he should be doing ? i've read if he isn't around other male dogs that do it he won't. but i always through they would just know how to do it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ozzy is almost 9 months and still doesn't do it. He is starting to pee more on our walks though...sort of marking his spots. I noticed the other day he stopped by a poll and I THOUGHT he'd life his leg but he didn't.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I remember when Tailer first lifted his leg...it was around 9 months...he picks and chooses whether to lift or squat...

I've heard that if they are neutered before they lift their leg, sometimes they never do...

I think he is handsome when he peez... :) ...Silly Momma!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Jaro was neutered at 10 + months and lifted his leg maybe one time. Never now at a year and a half. Some males just don't and some Goldens mature later than other breeds, thus late leg lifting.

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! i didn't think it was of any concern but i just wasnt 100%..

this is our first golden and first puppy is yearss so i feel like i'm soo new and asking the silliest questions lol

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Some males lift their legs, some don't. Chester was a late bloomer and didn't lift his leg until he was about a year old. Now he lifts his leg most of the time but still likes to lean every once in awhile.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I just saw Beamer lift his leg for the first time a few days ago. He was peeing in a squat position, but just decided to lift his leg up towards his body. It was pretty funny looking. He is almost 9 months old and that was the only time I had seen him do it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Lucca is close to a year but still squats to pee. Doesn't look like he's ever learning to lift his legs. Not that it matters to me anyway..haha...

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Lincoln is 4 years. Was neutered at 11 months and he didnt start lifting his leg till a year after he was neutered. Now he pees on every tree like hes on a mission. When Lincoln goes pee in the yard he doesnt squat he will hike his leg up a bit like the picture posted above haha

Ruby was spayed at 6 months. She marks like mad on walks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts