Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I didn't read all the responses but I used to travel with Selka and I always took him in the bathroom with me and only went to gas stations where I could pay at the pump. I would never leave my dog alone in the car on a trip!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We stop at rest areas so both Brooks and I can relieve ourselves. Rest areas post very clear instructions about where dogs can and can't go--and the restroom building is off limits to all but seeing-eye dogs.

·
Wyatt Earp
3,595 Posts
I will leave mine and dash to potty telling the attendant I am doing so.

I am always afraid the dogs will shift the car if I leave it running- The shift is in the center console. My last Golden did by mistake. He jumped into the car and and I was running in and out of the house getting it packed to go on a trip. During one of my trips in his butt must have hit the shift and it rolled into the grass but it could have hit someone.

Yeah I could see a disaster in the making. No way would I leave mine inside by himself with the car running.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I will leave mine and dash to potty telling the attendant I am doing so.

I am always afraid the dogs will shift the car if I leave it running- The shift is in the center console. My last Golden did by mistake. He jumped into the car and and I was running in and out of the house getting it packed to go on a trip. During one of my trips in his butt must have hit the shift and it rolled into the grass but it could have hit someone.
That's the reason I make sure the parking brake is engaged. My gear shift lever is in the center console, also. The girls manage to hop into the seats without any problems but I don't want to take any chances.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A car will go with the emergency brake on--unfortunately I know this because I have driven long distances with mine engaged....and the whole time I am wondering why my car won't go fast:(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mine won't move very far if it is fully engaged, unless you floor it. Guess I've been darn lucky so far. :(

41 - 46 of 46 Posts