Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually he is not lazy, he just loves HIS bed that he laid claim to. Hubby says if we get a lot of company whoever would get that room will have to sleep on the floor---we will not put Moose out of his bed, LOL

His previous owners said he would not sleep in bed. they had tried to get him to sleep with them but he would only stay a few minutes and then get down. But he found that bed here and sleeps in it at night and takes naps on it.

He is so smart and learns so fast. Has only been here since Tuesday yet has already learned that EAT means--mealtime and he will run straight to his pan in the kitchen.

We eat ice cream almost every night (I have to have sugar free due to diabetes) and we would each live a tiny tad in our bowls for Honey. She knew Jerry always finished before I did and would stand right by him, watching him, ears perked. As soon as she had licked his dish, sh ran to me.

Well, Tuesday night we ice cream and offer the bowls to Moose and at first he was not sure. He licked and got some on his nose and licked his nose, sniffed around the bowl, licked a little more. Wednesday night, no hesitation at all. Last night he was standing there watching and waiting.. He likes ice cream as much as Honey did.

Attachments

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS---We took the spread off and put on old sheets. He got them loose on one side. Gonna have to put different sheet on there I guess.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would imagine a lot of guests that visit would be happy to cuddle with Moose and share the bed. He is so sweet. So good to hear he is enjoying himself.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Moose is a good looking boy. By the look on his face, I'd say he is very happy with his new family!

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moose is 7, at best guess of vet. We have only had him 2 1/2 weeks and the people before us had him 4 years. He was originally found stealing food from a salad bar in a restaurant on the River Walk in San Antonio. When found, he was give to St. Benard rescue, who naturally recognized him as a Great Pyrenees (with what is known as badger markings) and turned him over to the GP rescue.

The people that adopted him and named him Moose adored him. But they are moving back to Minnesota to open a bed and breakfast and didn't think having Moose in a house of guests would work so well, not with his size. They contacted the pry rescue and even tho the pyr rescue contacted us knowing we had jut lost Shaggy, the owners were 'fostering" him until they hd to move. We chatted a number of times and then he met us half way between Austin and Corpus and turned Moose over to us, tears flowing. He apologized for that and I told him never apologize for loving your dog. I promised to keep them updated on Moose and I have sent a few e-mails telling of his adventures, all about him, and sent pictures, etc. They are always so happy to get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts