Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every night at around 10, I take my golden out to use the bathroom before she goes into the crate. For awhile before this she usually lies around for an hour or so. When it's time for me to bring her out to use the bathroom she will not get up. I call her over, I try getting her up with treats, I lift her up. It has gotten to the point where she is just so adamant on not standing up that I can literally drag her across the floor without her moving at all. It happens every night and I think it's so ridiculously hilarious.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bella usually starts calming down and getting sleepy around 9:00. I finally started taking her out around 9:15-9:30 then putting her in the crate for the night. Good thing for me because I am usually ready for bed by 10 anyway lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hi there.
Not sure how old your puppy is. Guess still a wee one if u r lifting her.
Olliver hit the crate about 8:30 pm from the first night home and slept thru 'til about 5 or 6a.m. He still has the same hours.
So maybe she is ready for bed earlier?
I am morning person so the early up is good for me.
But if u r not, then maybe keeping her up later works better.
Just know when he was a baby and passed out, he would be like a brick :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She isn't little, I just can't do anything to get her to move. She is 7 months old and she weighs more than 50 pounds. If I put her in the crate earlier, usually that means that she will be barking at an earlier time in the morning to be let out.

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
I give our girls fish oil capsules after I brush my teeth, then we go out for them to go pee. Pearl has usually been in her crate already sleeping, but when I start brushing she is ready to come get her pill!! Puncture it for her first time or so, and she'll get the picture. After 2 nights Pearl knew the routine.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Ripley and Ned
469 Posts
Ripley is usually done for the day by 830-9pm, but sleeps on the floor until we go to bed around 11. She will generally sleep until 7 am. Between 830-11, she is dead to the world, nothing and no one can move her (unless food is involved of course :p).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Abby is an up and at em kind of girl. She is up when we roll over at night with a toy in our face. When I go to bed, DH is usually still watching the time waster (TV) so she will snuggle with me then go visit DH and back again. Hard to get to sleep but if I shut the door she will pull the stuffing out of a toy right outside the door and I wake to a crime scene in the morning all down the hall!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts