Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just a Parent of 5 Golden
1,216 Posts
Looks like they are really liking each other... So when's the next date..??? ;)... :D:D:D...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh my gosh that is too cute. Love at first sight is a beautiful thing! I love the second and third photo, really sweet.I know there is always talk about not humanizing our dogs, but they really did seem to have a connection, the way he looked back at her in the first photo and the close connection of their heads in the second and third photos.

I can see what Percy saw in Layla she is cute, love her ears, I bet they are soft and silky! Perfect ears for playing with!

The only thing that could add to this story was if the other owner was totally hot, sweet and single and you two ended falling in love! It would be just like one of those predictable movies that we all get sucked into!!

Is it rude to say look at Percy's feet, you know what they say about big feet!

Did you get Percy's owners number to arrange another play date? This is real right, you didn't juts take some pictures of your two dogs at the park and try and wind us suckers up!

I always wonder when dogs instantly seem to thrive on eat other, if they it is there choice or they read the signs that we are really excited to interact with the new dog (for instance we both really love beagles and majority of beagles our Sasha gets really excited!).

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
awww...such adorable, sweet pictures. That really IS love at first sight!

·
Layla and Bauer's Mommy
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my gosh that is too cute. Love at first sight is a beautiful thing! I love the second and third photo, really sweet.I know there is always talk about not humanizing our dogs, but they really did seem to have a connection, the way he looked back at her in the first photo and the close connection of their heads in the second and third photos.

I can see what Percy saw in Layla she is cute, love her ears, I bet they are soft and silky! Perfect ears for playing with!

The only thing that could add to this story was if the other owner was totally hot, sweet and single and you two ended falling in love! It would be just like one of those predictable movies that we all get sucked into!!

Is it rude to say look at Percy's feet, you know what they say about big feet!

Did you get Percy's owners number to arrange another play date? This is real right, you didn't juts take some pictures of your two dogs at the park and try and wind us suckers up!

I always wonder when dogs instantly seem to thrive on eat other, if they it is there choice or they read the signs that we are really excited to interact with the new dog (for instance we both really love beagles and majority of beagles our Sasha gets really excited!).
Haha, that would be a cute story, however, I have a love already.. Layla's daddy! And of course it's real- I thought it was amazing how Percy bee-lined to Layla when he saw her so I immediately pulled out the camera.

Percy's daddy goes up to the dog park often, so we said we would see each other again soon.. He's even thinking about rescuing another Golden! He and his significant other have been fostering Goldens for a few years and said that Percy was also a foster, but they ended up keeping him!

But soon we will start taking Bauer (15 week Golden), and he will probably be jealous if he sees Percy with Layla! Bauer's got a big burley bark now! :)

Thank you for all the comments, everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Layla and Bauer's Mommy
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's so cute! Is it possible they might be related? Even litter mates?
I guess it's possible. Our breeder may have bred Layla's biological mom and dad before. Percy is 2 years and his owner said he got him from Atlanta Golden Retriever Rescue at 6 months. He was abused before then. :(

Layla is 8 months, so the timeline wouldn't match up for litter mates, but it's possible that they could be related, but pretty unlikely.

·
Layla and Bauer's Mommy
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG I AM PERCY'S DAD!! I didn't know you guys were on this forum! This is so cool!!!
Wow!!!!! You found us!!!! I'm happy to see you're on this forum! I should have gotten your email at the dog park to send you these great shots. I hope you don't mind I posted them on here, but I'm glad you found the thread! Let's keep in touch! :)

·
Proud Parent
46 Posts
It's no problem at all!! I'm so glad to have found you. We need to get together more often to let the kids play. I'll PM you my email address. Percy's excited!

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
What a cool story and a small world. :) May I ask if that was Layla's first kiss, lol? That studly Percy, I hope he makes an honest bitch of her!

(I typed "honest woman" but had to change it since it's the one time it's appropriate)
Anyways, I love both the pictures and the story!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts