Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but uses that intelligence for pure evil LOL.

Yesterday I let her out by herself in the morning...Dream was still upstairs in bed, and Hurley had just come in. I have done this before and had no problems with her - she comes when called. Not yesterday....she was out for an hour, then we had to chase her down for another half hour. I would call her, she would come within 5 feet of me and take off again - I know this is the chase me game....I could see the wheels in her mind turning :bowl:. She knew mommy had to be somewhere and didn't want me to go...she wanted the whole family out to play.

She wants out again this morning because it is snowing, but I will not allow her out there without the long lead on so.... she is pouting. She keeps crying at the door, I grab the lead, and she runs away from me. She grabbed an old frisbee out of her toy box and is purposely walking up to Hurley and Dream and shaking it... so they get hit in the face. If Layla ain't happy... ain't nobody gonna be happy. I told her she was being a b---h and took the frisbee away, she is now glaring at me from across the room.

She is so darn smart it scares me - I swear she knows and understands every thing we say... but chooses not to listen. She has a one track mind, when she wants something, she is going to get it, and she doesn't care what she has to do. She is a lot like my youngest son ;).

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
If Layla ain't happy... ain't nobody gonna be happy.

LOL - that's just too funny.
They really do learn to use their intelligence against us. I have that problem with Riley. If I'm working and won't stop to give him my attention when he wants it, he's learned to start pestering Gunner. It's not that he wants to play with Gunner - he's learned that when I hear Gunner's snitty, "leave me alone" bark, I'll stop what I'm doing to redirect him. :doh:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, they are worse than kids LOL.

Layla uses the cuteness factor for evil too......when I tell her NO about anything - she climbs in my lap and kisses me all over.. Puhleezzzzzzzzzzze momma puhleeezzzzzz, it's difficult not to cave.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is so funny!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Too funny! Luck will do the same stuff! I was starting to think I was making it much too personal but I swear he does this on purpose. Last night Dave (bf) was eating a leftover cinnamon roll from a restaurant. He would not share with Luck (although Luck begged so nicely). We do not share table food with him anyways so I do not know why he thought this was his lucky shot. Anyways, Dave finishes it. Luck starts snooping throughout the room to find and get to aggrivate us. What does he find! The BOX that the cinnamon roll was in (of course bf can NOT just throw anything away). Does he chew it. Oh NOOOOO. He brings it downstairs to show us what he can do!

You all are right....they are harder than kids sometimes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts