Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nott Scout's Mom ;)
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scout starting throwing up at 3 pm yesterday. Thinking he may just have an upset stomach I decided to wait a few hours to see if he would feel any better. So far he has thrown up 3 times. 3 pm, 9 pm, 1am, and now at 3:30am. He is acting a little lethargic (he still wants to play outside, but he looks mopey) but its kinda hard to tell because he is a very laid back dog. He ate well on Sunday, fairly good before he started vomiting on Monday but since hasn't really been able to hold much down. He had 2 solid poops on Monday and one so far this morning. I'm so worried about my baby. I called the emergency vet and she said to wait till the morning and bring him in.

There are two attached pictures of the two first vomits. It looks like one has some blood in it. Sorry for the graphic images but I need to know if it looks normal or if its something that needs to be seen right away.

Also he is 7 months old. Still a baby. It hurts to see him sick...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Just seeing this. Not sure what you decided to do and at this point, if you've waited, it probably pays to see your normal vet. Just wanted to say I hope everything goes well and that Scout is feeling better soon. Keep us updated!

Julie, Jersey and Oz

·
Nott Scout's Mom ;)
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We took him the the E-vet near us early this morning. Scout threw up all night long and his gums were pale so I knew I had to take him. They gave him some medication and said its probably just a 24 hour bug thats been going around. He is on a blad diet for a few days with anti nausea pills. She was more concerned about how small his testies were. She said they were that of a 4 month old (he is almost 8 months) and she said he was much too small. Is it possible that he is just a late bloomer? He seems fairly healthy otherwise. Also I showed her a rash that had been on his belly and chest and she said that he is most likely allergic to the food we have been feeding him. She gave us an antibiotic and suggested trying a raw diet or a more expensive brand of food. Maybe that has something to do with his stunted growth?

·
Nott Scout's Mom ;)
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also just so you all have an idea of how big he is he is about 18 inches at the withers and he only weighs 40 pounds.

·
Nott Scout's Mom ;)
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carolina Mom have you ever heard of a male pup not getting enough testosterone and it stunting his growth? I am a very worried momma. :(

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Poor Scout! Hope he is starting to feel better.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Oh my dear! :eek: :yuck: That is an awful terror.:( He will definitely need to see a vet. By this time, I hope you have already taken him. I am so sorry about what you are going through.:no: Prayers for your little guy. Keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts