Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow is finally the day I bring Lucy to her new home!! Do you guys have any last minute tips for me?? Please share! :wavey:

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Make sure to take paper towels in case she has any accidents in the car. And get a good nights sleep tonight. LOL

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I was always sure to bring home a gallon of water from the breeders home (along with some of her current food); for the first few days I only use the breeders water, then start mixing it with ours until it is gone.

have your collar/lead for potty trips on the way home (if you have a long drive)

and take lots of pictures! they grow too fast!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AHHHH!!! Thank you so much guys!!! i have only a few hours to go now. I can't wait. Anyways... anything else?? hehe I will be taking two towels, and I also had one more question what size collar should I have for her? I already purchased one about 3 weeks ago but it is looking kinda small right now. Any advice on this? Thank you. = )

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
My advice - take LOTS of pictures and post them on here!!! :)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
So, per the above 2 posts...stock up/recharge those camera batteries:D

Have a wonderful trip, take care!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would probably make sure the breeder doesn't feed her before you take her in the car, less of a chance of her getting car sick. She's so cute btw, she looks just like my little Bailey did a couple weeks ago when we picked her up. To bad you aren't closer they could have had a play date!!

Oh, be sure all the wires in your house are tucked away as Bailey keeps trying to get them in our house!

Good luck and enjoy! This is my first puppy and she's so cute and I love having her around.

·
Registered
93 Posts
AHHHH!!! Thank you so much guys!!! i have only a few hours to go now. I can't wait. Anyways... anything else?? hehe I will be taking two towels, and I also had one more question what size collar should I have for her? I already purchased one about 3 weeks ago but it is looking kinda small right now. Any advice on this? Thank you. = )

I wouldn't be too worried about it being too small. I thought the one we got (which I believe was a size small) was going to be to small and it ended up be waaaaaaay to big for her. The smalled notch was even too big for her, but she has just about grown into it now 2 weeks later. Don't worry, whatever happens it'll be fine!! Enjoy the puppy, ours has finally settled in and very comfortable to do whatever she pleases in the house now.

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
It's pretty helpful to put a cheap, clear shower curtain anywhere where the puppy peeing might upset you for a few weeks. I always put a shower curtain under each crate at first and under a blanket in the car.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Definitely get as much rest as possible! That little fluff ball will tire you right out and won't always want to sleep when you do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts