Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Have seen 3 vets, surgical team at Angel Memorial, and Internal medicine at Angel and nobody knows what it is. Had it surgically removed about 10 days ago and drain pump inserted in her. Fluid building back up 3 days after drain removed and we will likely need to go back in for a new drain. We’re at a loss as to what is causing this and what to do.
3443F215-B9D6-4B3F-91C4-36E777DA88B3.jpeg
635B7783-B158-45C1-9A63-B4BD8C03447F.jpeg

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Goodness...I really have no idea. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Please keep us updated on how June is doing!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did the surgeon have any insights when he/she was removing it, and was he/she able to get the whole thing out? Was there a cyst-like shell around the fluid collection, or did it communicate with any other body structures? Rhodesian ridgebacks can get a "dermoid cyst" which communicates with their spinal cord, but I would think the surgeon would have noticed that during the operation.

Strange that the fluid is re-accumulating, I wonder if it is from the original cyst itself or just some post surgical accumulation/seroma.

Also curious about what the pathology showed.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Bless her... could you post the path report?
And I also wonder if the entire structure was removed or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts