Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I need some advice! I noticed my Nala girl's thinking bump has gotten considerably larger in the past 4 days. Her mood and demeanor have not changed and the bump doesn't seem to hurt her when palpated. However, the bump has hardened a little today, but it hasn't grown any larger from the 3rd to the 4th day. I am hoping that it is just a hematoma from playing hard outside with my other pups, but I can't help but worry. I brought her to the vet today and we got an X-ray scheduled for first thing in the morning. I just wanted to see if this is something some of you all have dealt with before and how it was managed!

I've attached pictures of her current condition today. I also added a picture of her the day before the bump appeared for comparison. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
I experienced this with my male pup, he bumped the bone pretty hard and developed a soft squishy bump. i didn't visit the vet for it, but limited play for a few days and kept him pretty calm and it resolved in less than a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.