Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
That's a fun circuit- good photo site outside by the pond, and it looks like he is perfectly comfy!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
What a handsome boy. Glad to see he appreciates a nice hotel, too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all! It was a ton of fun. Can’t wait to go to our next one :) so many beautiful dogs ?

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
Thank you all! It was a ton of fun. Can’t wait to go to our next one :) so many beautiful dogs ?
Did you just bring him right into the show venue with you? I am going to a cluster this coming weekend as a spectator but I would love to bring Denver to expose him to a big show atmosphere (our first show is at the same venue in April) but I never know what the proper etiquette is about bringing a dog who is not competing. I know that exhibitors will bring puppies with them to get them used to it too, but I generally think they have another dog with them that they are showing. Im curious to hear what you did. Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you just bring him right into the show venue with you? I am going to a cluster this coming weekend as a spectator but I would love to bring Denver to expose him to a big show atmosphere (our first show is at the same venue in April) but I never know what the proper etiquette is about bringing a dog who is not competing. I know that exhibitors will bring puppies with them to get them used to it too, but I generally think they have another dog with them that they are showing. Im curious to hear what you did. Thanks!
Yeah we were nervous, but our breeder said to bring his vaccine paperwork :) there were other people with their just pet dogs there and obviously a lot of people with puppies. Nobody asked us for our vaccine paperwork or questioned us at all. We watched the vizlas go and one of the handlers gave Felix her dog’s bait because her dog didn’t want it lol.
We just paid the parking fee, parked, and walked right up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts