Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the thread of the "feature article" with the labrador retriever picture, but I need to make sure that this problem gets seen.

This is very embarrassing. Some golden breeders were asking about books to recommend to new puppy owners regarding goldens. I recommended this forum, and provided the link - the picture that shows up with the link is this LABRADOR RETRIEVER!

How is this forum going to be taken seriously, if it advertises with a LAB! I am very embarrassed. I hated the article to begin with, but this ridiculous.

Not sure is this is just a bad business decision, or if it is a technical error - but it is something that should be fixed.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
That is a lab golden mix and this site is also for golden mixes. Why is it embarrassing? That is the administrator's dog and this topic was covered when the new format was rolled out. I really don't understand the resistance to having a picture of mix on the banner. This is not a breeder forum only; then I could understand.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you put

Golden Retriever Forum

this is what you see - a labrador retriever. Hoping it works the same way inside the forum as outside. It is the lab with the blue background on the PetGuide thread/ advertisement.

Edit: It is not showing it here

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting. I am not sure who administers this site, goldenretrieverforum.com, but this is somewhat careless. You might see the top banner and think favorably about the site and its Golden Retriever content, but if you click on the link under the yellow Lab pic, you'll go to that unfortunate thread started by petguide.com which throws the entire site into disrepute, because it's promoted on the home page as "Retriever Breeds – Breed Information and Breeder Directory" which it is certainly not.

Better to have the link point (at the very least) to the AKC website breed description?

·
Kate
21,216 Posts
That is a lab golden mix and this site is also for golden mixes. Why is it embarrassing? That is the administrator's dog and this topic was covered when the new format was rolled out. I really don't understand the resistance to having a picture of mix on the banner. This is not a breeder forum only; then I could understand.
And because the administrator dog is a lab mix... I'm going to guess that's one of the reasons why the lab picture has been up so long despite people complaining about it being here on the front page of a golden retriever forum. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone,

I've removed the thread in question. It was an oversight on our part. Apologies.

Yung
Hi Yung, I just shared the link with somebody else and it is still showing the picture of the labrador in the avator of the website name, even though the article is no longer seen on the website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts