Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my pup a kong toy.. what ways do you stuff yours?

I am new to this toy so I stuffed it with a biscuit and he got it out in no time!

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
I have several kongs and fill them with plain yogurt, peanut butter, honey and mashed banana's. Put it in the freezer and then give it to your pup. It will take a while to get everything out....

Reactions: Lucky Penny

·
Registered
389 Posts
I feed my pup dinner and breakfast in her kong. I also stuff it with baby carrots, treats, mashed banana, yogurt, or other things I can't think of at this moment and then I put a little bit of low salt peanut butter to close it up and freeze it. I don't put those things in all I once I usually switch them up. I saw on another thread different things people use so if you do a search you should find other ideas.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
You stuff a Kong with almost anything your dog likes.

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how cool! i had no ideas a dog could eat all of that stuff... is it ok for them to eat bananas? 0-o ty all am going to search it!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I am always short on time, so I usually stuff mine with peaunt butter and treats. They only get it when I leave. It makes for going into a kennel easy! I like all the ideas though, I am going to try and make it up the night before and then it will be all ready to go!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
how cool! i had no ideas a dog could eat all of that stuff... is it ok for them to eat bananas? 0-o ty all am going to search it!
Cookie is like a monkey she likes bananas so much. Bananas are perfect for kong stuffing due to their shape too.

Another low calorie thing that I use is plain canned pumpkin. I like to mix in various items with it, anything from kibble or treats, to frozen green beans. Then I freeze it before giving.

·
Dexter's Mom aka Kristin
625 Posts
banana and peanut butter
apples and peanut butter
broken up doggy biscuit and peanut butter
low fat cream cheese and kibble
kibble and peanut butter
i've put green beans and carrots in it before

banana and peanut butter is the real winner in our house. lol :)

·
Casey and Samson's Mom
221 Posts
I like canned pumpkin or plain yogurt mixed with a few pieces of kibble, sealed with a bit of peanut butter and deep frozen...if you wedge a dog bisquit across the opening, it can keep them going for a long time. the one thing I don't like is the actual kong stuffing sold by the company...gives both of my boys the runs!

Reactions: MikaTallulah

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I give my dogs a kong when they go to their crates. I put in a handful of kibble (taken from their pre-measured amount for the day) and then plug it with a small amount of peanut butter. They get all excited. They clean them out pretty quickly though. If I want them to take more time, I mix the kibble with the peanut butter and stuff it in with a spoon. Great inventions, Kongs!

I feed Tucker with a Kong Wobbler. Also a great invention. Takes him about 10-15 minutes to empty it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found a website with ideas for kong stuffers. A lot were done with peanut butter but i also saw cream cheese mixed with their dog food. I didnt know they could have cream cheese

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Another Thought

I give Maisie frozen canned dog food (low cal chicken and sweet potato) in her Kong. It's the only time she gets canned food. She's wild for it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I usually mix cottage cheese, mashed banana and a bit of kibble and then freeze.
When Bryley was much younger and I gave him his first stuffed Kong he was like meh and could have cared less. But now he is totally into it! :yummy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts