Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you clean your Kongs? Can they go in the dishwasher? I put a mix of food that has been soaked in boiled water and mashed, bananas, yogurt, and peanut butter in mine, and that seems like it could be fertile ground for a lot of germs. :yuck: I've just been rinsing them really well, but I'm worried about germs. My kongs spend most of their time in the freezer, so that has to help, but still I'd love to know how you wash yours.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Dishwasher top shelf

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I use an old toothbrush (or my hubbys if he's been annoying me!!) to scrub out any leftover filling and then I put it in the dishwasher.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
KONG makes its own cleaning brush? Marketing at its finest!
Haha! Kong does not make the one I have. Not sure if they make one or not. It is made by a company called Bamboo. Kong should make one though! And they should bundle them with the Kongs! They are hard to clean!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I wash EVERYTHING of Bogey's at least once a week. Rubber stuff goes in the dishwasher on the top shelf after it gets a good scrubbing in the sink because sometimes stuff sticks. And his soft toys make up a small load of laundry, so those get regular baths too. I also wash his blankets and car towels weekly if not more often. The only thing I have a hard time cleaning is his cheap-o bed. But he rarely uses it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts