Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It took some deliberating after our family's loss of Ori earlier this year...but when this little guy came across our radar, I just couldn't find a reason not to open my heart again. His parents came from a breeder who breeds Black Labs and Goldens, and with some hustle and bustle with everything going on earlier in the year - two of her lines got away with creating an unplanned litter. Mama is the Golden Retriever, and Dad a Black Lab...and what resulted was just a beautiful mishap.

Unfortunately, there were complications and mum had to have an emergency C-section and two of the ten puppies were lost, she's now been retired from breeding for it not to be a risk again.

But in the aftermath of it all - our home found another Golden heart...and it melted.I didn't think I would have another Golden of any type in the house so soon....but I guess I just cannot see myself without one again. After almost 12 years with Ori, and then with Jasmine...I've been bitten by the bug...and every time I look in this little guy's face since he's come home, the doubt and concern of whether it was too soon, fades away and I feel lucky. And maybe, in a way, it has made things easier before jumping fully into the Golden pool again... at least for now.

My elder boy, 2-year-old Eli (Husky Mix rescue) has been smitten and they have become best friends and brothers so quickly that all of my previous worries that he wouldn't take to the new addition while still having times of looking for Ori, have gone. This time, he's the one being protective and relishing in being the teacher for a young one to follow- and I feel like he's a little smug about it too!

But, with all that, I wanted to share the new happiness in our family and the new hope he's brought home with him!

(I haven't posted pics on here since the old site's set up long ago, so I hope this turns out right!)

Registered
Why am I not able to see this black goldador:((( I am on a new PC. Shall I enable or sth??
Kodi, I cannot see you. However, reading the post above, already put a big smile on my face.
Bienvenue!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why am I not able to see this black goldador:((( I am on a new PC. Shall I enable or sth??
Kodi, I cannot see you. However, reading the post above, already put a big smile on my face.
Bienvenue!!!
I used the BBCode on imgur. Could it be you have to enable certain graphics or websites as a whitelist if you're using some sort of blocker?

Also, thank you to all above. He is definitely a current pride and joy. It's brought life and happiness back to our home again...which for a time after Ori, felt as if it was just a house Eli and I lived in.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

Registered
Well, I am in Istanbul at the moment. Guess what I have found out just now. Imgur has been banned since 2017 and eventhough it is since February 2020 enabled again, the turkish provider blocks the images. It should not surprise you because just a few months ago Wikipedia was also banned in the country. Dear Kodi, in order to send you a virtual kiss, I'll have to go via VPN amore.Complicated love

Registered
Dear Kodi & Ori, you were both worth to go via VPN!! You are shining, I am smiling....Gorgeous both of you. "Keep Smiling, keep shining....knowing you can always count on me. In.Good times and bad times, I'll be on your side forever more. That's what friends are for 馃幎馃幍"

3 goldens
Beautiful dogs and that pup is down right adorable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts