Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Apollo & Knightley's mum!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After temperament testing a couple of litters I chose my Knightley as a prospective mobility assistance (service) dog for myself. He's proving himself pretty smart but also very full on. Definitely not a beginners dog when it comes to training! I guess that's my fault for choosing the most inquisitive and active puppy of the lot. Anyway, it's just amazing how fast he is shooting up. He just turned 4 months old, so here's a few photos to show how much he has changed.

7 weeks old when he romped home in the temperament tests, fluffy and tiny.

9 weeks old, he was such a fluff ball as a little baby.

Big jump in time, 16 weeks old. One of my favourite photos of him.

16 weeks. As he's getting his big adult teeth at the moment he's always chew chew chew chew on everything...

16 weeks. Speaking of chewing... We had to buy him "the" duck everyone seems to have. He finally started its demise yesterday, and tried to have a meal of stuffy stuffing while I didn't notice heh.

16.5 weeks. Learning to put his head under water by blowing bubbles through his nose. He learnt so quickly!

17.5 weeks, last weekend at a BBQ. Eating something he 'found' with a funny look for the camera.

17.5 weeks. Finally a shot of him standing up being STILL, although he is being pulled out of shape by his harness a bit. He is starting to look grown up, albeit a bit gangly! He has at least 10 adult teeth now, and has lost nearly all his puppy fluff and is getting his adult coat.

and finally a photo in a million that made me laugh.....

Thanks to continuous shooting I managed to get this photo after Knightley had been playing in his paddling pool. I had a good giggle at him.

His training is coming along really well, especially for a four month old puppy. We are following Sue Ailsby's training levels, which are a great foundation for an assistance dog - or just a well trained pet! I write regularly about our training adventures on my blog if anyone is interested! Hope you enjoyed seeing my Knightley, he has changed my life in such a positive way and he isn't actually able to help me yet. They do say laughter is the best medicine, and puppies sure do make you laugh!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
He is gorgeous, no wonder he brings so much joy in your life. I like all photos.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Handsome boy! I love to watch them grow and quickly at that age...enjoyed looking at your blog too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts