Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official - winter has arrived and Kiwi thinks it's great. She tries to catch the snowflakes as they fall from the sky. We did have some episodes of her holding up her paws already so we may have to check into boots because little does she know it's just going to get colder:eek:.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Aw, she looks so cute! Such a pretty girl. That's a lot more snow than we have in Wisconsin.

Good luck with those boots if you try them-we tried that with our poodle once. It was hysterical :D

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw, she looks so cute! Such a pretty girl. That's a lot more snow than we have in Wisconsin.

Good luck with those boots if you try them-we tried that with our poodle once. It was hysterical :D
Maddie used to wear them, they were very basic fleece boots a friend made. It was quite hilarious how she'd walk when we first would put them on in the house but once outside she would just truck along, almost happy her feet were warm. Not sure if they'll fit Kiwi yet though.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Maddie used to wear them, they were very basic fleece boots a friend made. It was quite hilarious how she'd walk when we first would put them on in the house but once outside she would just truck along, almost happy her feet were warm. Not sure if they'll fit Kiwi yet though.
I want pictures of Kiwi in those boots, if she leaves them on! Our poodle did such high kicks, he actually kicked his boots off ;) He did like the matching rain slicker though!

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want pictures of Kiwi in those boots, if she leaves them on! Our poodle did such high kicks, he actually kicked his boots off ;) He did like the matching rain slicker though!
You've got it :) I'll first try them on when she's really tired so hopefully she'll won't fuss with them. When it's -30 Celsius outside she'll be glad she has them, I'll convince her somehow :)

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, we did it. Successfully put on 4 red boots with not too much fuss, went outside, ran around, went potty and came back in with 4 red boots!
The boots don't quite fit yet, she has some big feet to fill...first picture is Kiwi today in the red boots, and the original owner of the red boots, Maddie and her Mom in winter 2010. Red was the theme that winter with Canada hosting the Olympics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
She's so pretty and I love her very stylish boots. There's NO way I could ever convince my crazy monster to put and leave boots on. My hat's off to you :)

·
Quinn and Murphy's mom
238 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!! She is sooooooo cute! I love the booties! When we made Sam wear them, he jumped around like he was walking on hot coals! It was hilarious. No snow has stuck here yet (and I thought our winter was long ;)). How much does Kiwi weigh? She looks bigger than Murphy but I know pics are sometimes hard to judge. I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately - work is way too busy! :wave:

Here is Sam at his last Christmas with us.

Attachments

Reactions: KiwiD

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
OK, we did it. Successfully put on 4 red boots with not too much fuss, went outside, ran around, went potty and came back in with 4 red boots!
The boots don't quite fit yet, she has some big feet to fill...first picture is Kiwi today in the red boots, and the original owner of the red boots, Maddie and her Mom in winter 2010. Red was the theme that winter with Canada hosting the Olympics.
Oh my goodness-Kiwi looks so cute stylin' those red boots! Maddie looked so very pretty in them :)

And Sam looked very handsome in his too!

Those soft white faces just kill me every time.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG!!!!!!!!!! She is sooooooo cute! I love the booties! When we made Sam wear them, he jumped around like he was walking on hot coals! It was hilarious. No snow has stuck here yet (and I thought our winter was long ;)). How much does Kiwi weigh? She looks bigger than Murphy but I know pics are sometimes hard to judge. I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately - work is way too busy! :wave:

Here is Sam at his last Christmas with us.
Awww Sam looks so handsome in his boots....Christmas is going to be a bit tough this year but I'm sure Kiwi will keep us busy

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
awww just look at those cute pics of adorable doggies in their snowboots!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Beautiful pictures all of them! Love the little red boots! I'm a little cold looking at that snow!

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's official - winter has arrived and Kiwi thinks it's great. She tries to catch the snowflakes as they fall from the sky. We did have some episodes of her holding up her paws already so we may have to check into boots because little does she know it's just going to get colder:eek:.

Awww.....Kiwi Cuteness! I love her name, too. Very original :wavey:.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am glad we have such a cute puppy girl in our city.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts