Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Kittens!

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  CAROLINA MOM 
#1 ·
I've been fostering two adorable kittens. They were found abandoned at about two days old in a junkyard. The volunteer coordinator at the rescue I work with kept saying, "They may not make it. They may not make it." But with a lot of care and attention they have turned the corner and are now thriving. The little boy still looks a bit like a drowned rat but he has a good appetite and he's gaining weight. They are still very small for their present age (almost four weeks). I named the boy Angus (Irish for exceptionally strong because he's such a little fighter) and my daughter named the girl Chloe.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
This was taken today. Chloe snuggled with me for about an hour.

They are both doing well. Eating a lot and gaining weight. And using the litter box. Yay!
:artydude

Attachments

#11 ·
The kittens have really grown a lot and are now eating food from a bowl full time. Little Angus looks like a real cat now (he didn't in the beginning!). He has a wonderful appetite and plays, runs, jumps, leaps, play fights, and does all those kitten-y things. He is still a bit more hesitant than his sister and would prefer to snuggle than run around.

Attachments

#12 ·
And here is funny little Chloe. She wears herself out running around and then falls asleep but if she had her way she'd never have to stop running. I love this pic because of how clear her whiskers are.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.