Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kira is 12.5 weeks and looks bigger every day. I'm so happy with her so far, she's turning out to be everything I hoped for from this breeding. We're planning to enter the LA Specialty show in April, Kira will be 6 months and a couple days old, so that will be really fun! She's doing well on leash, better than Chloe or Jack were at her age, and knows how to sit, stand, lay down and shake (well she's learning shake). And she's been really good with grooming...stands on the grooming table and lets me trim her feet and ears with no complaints. We have been using the dremel on her nails and she doesn't love it, but isn't even close to being near the drama queen Chloe is about it. Overall she's just a really good puppy. :) After getting bad news about Chloe's hips it's really good positive thing for us to focus on going forward.

So, here she is! I had to post her "sullen teenager" looking photo, I could just imagine her thinking "really mom, ANOTHER picture???" :)

Attachments

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
What a little cutie pie!! Love her!

Reactions: HiTideGoldens

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Oh my......she is a beauty!!!!! Love the 3rd picture!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
She is beautiful and looks like she is ready for showing already! Fun!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
she is simply adorable!!!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
She is too cute! Glad she is turning out to be everything you want her to be!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
She IS getting so big!! And still so cute!! Love it! Keep posting pics :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our puppies are so close together on age. My question is how do you get her to be so still to groom her? I can't even pet Trooper without him jumping and squirming all over the place.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A grooming table! So so worth the investment. I bought mine on craigslist for $50 and it's awesome. I'm looking for a smaller more portable one though. They can be kind of expensive but it's worth it in the long run since it saves the aggravation and your back when grooming your dogs.

She's been put on the table since she was about 5 weeks old, but I got her to like it initially at our house by just standing her on it and giving her little bits of american cheese. So to her it's like a treat factory. You have to get them used to you handling their feet, legs, ears, etc really young. She is amazingly good on the table though for a puppy her age. I think she just really likes food though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts