Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kahuna is 4 mos old... For the first time ever he had a case of drooly mouth last night... It was a long, thick strand hanging from his mouth.... I thought it was kind of strange but he was acting normal so I didn't think too much of it... Last night I heard these noises (very light sleeper) and recognized the sound of a dog "pre-puke" so I went over to his kennel and shined my iPhone on him just in time to see him throw up... Now I'm a little freaked out because he has never shown any time of tummy distress etc... So I jump up and grab towels to clean the puke with and let him out... He's comes out all spunky and happy to be alive! Mid bounding around, however, he starts the prelude to puking again and was able to get a dirty towel on the ground in front of him before he puked, but he did puke... But then seemed fine... So then I decided I would let him go potty since we were up and he wouldn't go down the stairs and ended up going potty upstairs right in front of me (first time) and when I went to clean it up it was YELLOW! His urine is usually clear....... IDK if it's related but it's worth mentioning... I put him back in his kennel and he let me sleep until about 8:15 and I just let him out and he ate all of his morning meal and had plenty of water... He also pooped and it looked normal..... He's NEVER had anything out of the ordinary like puking and not being able to make it outside and then the pee being BRIGHT YELLOW, but I also realize a lot of signs point to just an upset stomach... I've lost a pomeranian pup to an auto immune disease it contracted from our backyard (not same back yard) so I'm paranoid.... Anyone wanna make me feel better? Lol

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
My Big Kahuna

In order to be on safe side I would call the vet and tell them what happened and ask if you should bring him in.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, conveniently, I have a vet appt today at 11:15.... Just kinda put this out there if it seemed like anything to anyone or if anyone else had experienced something similar... Thank you Karen :)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
puppies puke....
You have an appointment anyway...of course mention it to the vet...
But I dont run or call the vet just because a pup pukes once or twice and there are no other symptoms.
If they are lethargic, not playful, wont eat/drink, just seem 'off' or have repeatedly puked 4 or more times...yep Im going in...and sooner rather then later!
The color alone doesn't freak me out...unless it looks like coffee grounds or is bright red..

Reactions: My Big Kahuna

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Liberty :) That's what I was looking for... I'm generally in life not a panicker haha... My fav golden Trigger was fine one day and gone the next so it's gonna take me a min to adjust ;) I was hoping someone would tell me I'm being silly and he's totally fine so thank you haha

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's doing great :) Vet confirmed that I was over reacting and being paranoid (like I knew I was lol) Thanks for checking in! Newlife64: Whenever you say it's time I'm sending your vet a check to help with Dakota's bills <3 I'm keeping an eye on Dakota's thread :) I'm so glad to hear about his day! Burger King and toys! That dog had a better day than I did! Hahaha

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
My Big Kahuna, you're not paranoid. You're a conscientious and concerned parent. If I'd lost another kid so suddenly, I'd been extremely proactive in taking care of my kid. I'm so glad that Kahuna is ok and feeling better. Give the big Kahuna :smooch::smooch::smooch::smooch::smooch:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take any excuse to give my man a smooch! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts