Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for all the great posts.
My 14 1/2 year old male Golden angel passed away just a few hours after Valentines Day 2018. We couldn't live a fulfilled life w/o a Golden in the family. We attempted several times to rescue a Golden, but ultimately obtained a female Golden puppy thru a FL breeder. She is now 11 months old and has a personality of her own. She is sweet, gorgeous and competitive. Right now she is experiencing her 1st heat, 12 days of heavy bleeding, so she's wearing protective panties. She has become very clingy velcro, and has begun a few new behaviors.
I'm a little concerned by how much anxiety and discomfort (?) she appears to be in. She continually and FRANTICALLY swings around to lick herself. She's unable to settle down until she's exhausted . She can barely take a step without urgently swinging around to lick. She'll appear scared or uncomfortable and immediately climb on my lap (one of her new behaviors). Is this frantic behavior typical?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry. My finger hit the wrong number. My beautiful male Golden passed the wee hours after Valentines Day 2019.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,827 Posts
Welcome, sorry for the loss of your boy.

Congratulations on your girl, hope you'll share pictures of her with us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts