Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
Weeeeeelllll, I do have a confession to make. We sold two puppies from Deuce's litter to the producer of Full House and Fuller House. And he told us they would be used on the current show. But then he got fired in the "me too" movement, so they never made it on camera. Those two puppies have their own servants, and they are greatly loved.
Okay - I laughed out loud. I appreciate the confession. :D

I have to say, the Golden on Mom is absolutely gorgeous. I have wondered where he is from. He was a gorgeous puppy and they seemed to use the same dog all along because he did grow on screen and get teenaged gangly before appearing as an adult.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,111 Posts
P.S. - how is blue boy doing today?
He's doing great. His name is Bowie. Bowie's first night alone he slept until 3:30 a.m. and then started howling from loneliness. This morning he made it all night. Bowie is bonding with the rest of his family (mother, grandmother, and bruncle (half-brother + uncle), and mom is playing with him a lot. It's super adorable.

Unfortunately, I am starting to bond with Bowie, and Bowie with us. For that reason, I'm more and more resenting the decision to keep him these extra days. I managed to remain objective when it was 10 of them, but with only one he's starting to feel like a member of the family, and that's bad. But we are teaching him his name, and training him to come when called, and training him to sit. I hope his owner appreciates that. He has had zero "accidents" in the house, and that's exciting. He's learned to use the doggy door (not a good thing, since he has to be supervised when outside), and he mimics the other dogs; whatever they do, he does. He's trying to make friends with Fuji the cat, but Fuji isn't having any of this puppy nonsense.

So, basically it's as if he's trying to fit in as a member of the family, only to be ripped away two days from now. Yeah, I know my attitude stinks. But there it is.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm glad Bowie is doing well. It's hard to admit when you are developing feelings for the little one..but it doesn't surprise me..once a golden lover always one. Enjoy your time together :)

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #587 (Edited)
And then there were none.

The last puppy has gone home. We dropped him at the airport into the arms of his new owner. He’s a fantastic puppy. I bonded with him. Taught him his name. Taught him to sit for treats. Taught him to come when called. In 3 days alone he became part of our pack. I cried like crazy when we dropped him off, and Theresa had to make me leave him. I didn’t want to get attached. Never again will I keep a puppy extra time. But he has a great new home, so fly little Bowie, fly.

That's it. It's over. This weekend we will pack up all the puppy stuff for the next time, and get our lives back. This was a very hard litter. But I think we did a great job finding the right homes for these little babies. I'm very proud of the job we did.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with us. It's rewarding to share the journey with you. I hope you enjoyed the peek into the lives of these puppies as much as we enjoyed having you.

Peace out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Little Bowie is gorgeous. If I was in your shoes I probably would have bonded with the whole darn litter. I so admire the work you did and Theresa did raising those puppies and I am going to miss that puppy cam and watching them grow. I can't stop looking at that picture of Bowie with his new mommy, she looks so happy and he looks so beautiful and cuddly.

·
elena
14 Posts
Thanks again for sharing the journey with us Dana & Theresa! You really did a great job, especially with the added stress of the parvo scare. They are all so big and handsome. They must be settling in nicely with their new families now. Bowie will too, I'm sorry you had such a hard time letting go after bonding with him :( I can't wait to see how the show pups turn out (and the pet pups too, if their owners share photos). Now you deserve a good long rest!

581 - 589 of 589 Posts