Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

221 - 240 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh that black collar is a lover! Or really hungry!!
There was this term we used to use in Jr. High for the high schoolers would make out with their girlfriends and boyfriends after school... we called it "sucking face" LOL! That is what black boy was trying to do even though I assured him that no milk would be forthcoming from my lips, chin & ear. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I'm watching from San Francisco! (I'd been here earlier except I was traveling internationally for the past couple of weeks)

That's so cool that your puppy cam streams at CHOC and Sloan-Kettering :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
The little light green puppy, whom I call Charlotte, had a challenge yesterday. Even though she is the biggest pup and eats the most, somehow she got herself dehydrated, and she began to fade. In the morning we found that she was weak, wouldn't nurse, and was literally whimpering and wouldn't stop.

So, she got two injections of subcutaneous fluids, some liver water (which is amazing for fading puppies), a little frosting on her tongue for an energy bump from the sugar, and some food in her stomach via tube feeding. Thankfully, we caught her in time, and she came right back.

Charlotte is my favorite girl, for some reason. And Yellow is my favorite boy. So I was glad to see Charlotte bounce back so quickly. Every day we get closer to the time when the puppies are "safe" and no longer at risk of dying. These first few weeks are so critical and can be quite fraught.
Oh no! Not little Char!! She has been my favorite from day 1. I am so glad that you are such a great, observant breeder and knew what to do. Glad she is doing better.

Jules

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Look at those little babies..sleeping soundly; waiting till they can walk and play! I assume Miss Khaleesi is currently sleeping outside the nursery on a cool floor...Happy weekend to all of you!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I Know!!! :surprise:
Just came out from the shower and she was on the floor by the bed. Guess it's time to put the small door on. :grin2:
I watched her do it. She was determined. 🥰 She’s a very cool little puppy. “Chill” as Dana described her but with a quiet strength. Phenomenal combination. 😘

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Light green just escaped the whelping box.
And here is how she did it. She went from sound asleep to out in the Great Indoors in less than one minute. Our first jail break! That's my Charlotte. :D

At the beginning of this clip, Charlotte is asleep at the bottom of your screen, and Khaleesi wakes her up. One minute later, she's out! She was trying to go for the milk.

And this is why we can't even safely go to the bathroom these days.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Khaleesi is such a patient mom. One of the pups was having trouble finding her way for a snack...she walked all over Khaleesi's back, then over her front paws and across her face. The pup actually stuck her paw in Khaleesi's mouth..no negative response at all :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe it is their color but I often think of the puppies speaking in a Winnie the Pooh voice saying 'I've got a rumbly in my tumbly' when they are looking for a second helping at lunch. I also imagine them saying "Oh bother" in the same voice when they roll over each other. Haha!

221 - 240 of 492 Posts