Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a few breeders in my area and came across this one:

No reviews on Google and website seems lacking? They have a FB page and the most recent post says the names of the females that are due. There are three litters, two at the end of this month and one in November. "Maggie has been bred to Molson."

Their actual website says their dogs are on K9data, but I can't find anything by searching their names. I am sure that I'm doing something wrong with it, though. I asked the breeder, Beth, to send me the links directly. I'll post them when/if she sends them, but wanted to get people's thoughts.

thx

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We got our family golden from Beth at KCG! They are wonderful people and the dogs/puppies are well cared for. If you're looking for a family dog to love, they are a great option!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
We got our family golden from Beth at KCG! They are wonderful people and the dogs/puppies are well cared for. If you're looking for a family dog to love, they are a great option!
Would you mind to share the registration names or numbers for you dog’s parents so an objective review of the health aspect of well cared for can be confirmed?

People looking to get thousands of dollars from others are often very nice. A nice person and basic care like housing do not make a breeder responsible nor ethical. Having the core four health certifications on breeding dogs is a good baseline though. Hopefully you will share some hard data on health certifications to support the claim that they are a great option.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
There is no psychosis involved in providing dogs that have been properly health tested. There may be some involved in thinking that health testing isn't important.
Personally, I am thankful for all the ethical reputable preservation breeders of Goldens out there that work so hard to try to preserve this amazing breed of dogs as it is, alleged psychosis notwithstanding. Health certifications as recommended by the GRCA Code of Ethics is an integral and necessary component of that process as is DNA testing for the various issues that have been identified as being passed genetically. Breeders who fail to do these things may or may not turn a profit when selling a litter of puppies, but they are certainly not doing their best for the puppies of this breed they claim to love that they bring into the world or the folks they sell them to.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Personally, I am thankful for all the ethical reputable preservation breeders of Goldens out there that work so hard to try to preserve this amazing breed of dogs as it is, alleged psychosis notwithstanding. Health certifications as recommended by the GRCA Code of Ethics is an integral and necessary component of that process as is DNA testing for the various issues that have been identified as being passed genetically. Breeders who fail to do these things may or may not turn a profit when selling a litter of puppies, but they are certainly not doing their best for the puppies of this breed they claim to love that they bring into the world or the folks they sell them to.
Absolutely!

·
Lead Super Mod + Administrator
2,889 Posts
Weird that there's a random Pembroke Welsh Corgi on the site background...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts