Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are planning on taking a short trip outside of Toronto for a few days and we are looking for a kennel for our 11 month old puppy.

I know there are many kennels in the Toronto and surrounding areas but would love to have referrals if there is any from this forum. Good or bad, it would be really appreciated to get your opinion on different kennels in and around the Toronto area

Thank you!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I've never personally boarded a dog in the area but hopefully others from the area will see this and reply :)

Where is your pup from? Molson is the exact same age as yours, according to your ticker! :) Also, maybe your breeder would be able to board him/her?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I agree you should ask your breeder about boarding. I have never boarded Pippa but my brother has boarded his Golden at SuperdogCentral in Bowmanville (www.superdogcentral.com). Superdogs has a really good reputation with professional staff. There's a place in Toronto called Fit Dogs that does in home boarding at the owner's Toronto home or their 55 acre vacation home in cottage country. http://www.fitdogs.ca/play_boarding.html

·
Mommy to Hudson :)
196 Posts
Hi Nana-Chan,

I know this is an older post but, I just noticed that your puppy is from Goldenfield Kennels. We're waiting for our new puppy from their!! We get to take him home May 8th!! Who was your pup's mom and dad?

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I can't wait to see these new Goldenfield puppies.

·
196 Posts
Puppy

I'm waiting for my new puppy from Goldenfield too! I get to take him home after May 21. The wait is killing me too!
That's great!! We were there last weekend visiting and the pups are getting so big!! I am so excited to bring him home...2 more weeks for us :) Are you getting a male or female? Do you have names picked out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a male reserved, but I haven't picked out which one is going to be mine. I'm just patiently waiting until Karen calls so I can come up and choose. I'm thinking about calling him Elijah, but it's hard to pick out a name without knowing the personality of the puppy. Congratulations on your new puppy! You'll have to post pictures when you bring him home.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Benville - between Peterborough & Lindsay right beside Emily Provincial Park. An excellent kennel!!!!! (even Nyg & Razz would agree)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a male reserved, but I haven't picked out which one is going to be mine. I'm just patiently waiting until Karen calls so I can come up and choose. I'm thinking about calling him Elijah, but it's hard to pick out a name without knowing the personality of the puppy. Congratulations on your new puppy! You'll have to post pictures when you bring him home.
Hi Nana-Chan,

I know this is an older post but, I just noticed that your puppy is from Goldenfield Kennels. We're waiting for our new puppy from their!! We get to take him home May 8th!! Who was your pup's mom and dad?
Congratulations to both of you! The pics of the litter on the website are just adorable.

Aside from the kennel, the surrounding is such a beautiful area, especially when we went which was in the latter part of winter.

Here is our Nana, now 1 year and 3 months old. The picture was taken a few weeks ago.

Mom was Faleshia, and dad was ****. She looks a lot like mom now that I see her

Attachments

·
196 Posts
Aww... Elijah is super cute. Yes, I will definitely post lots of pics. I am getting way to excited now that its only 12 days AWAY!! I can't wait to see your pics as well, we'll definitely have to keep in touch :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I take my girl Gamble to http://houndhouse.ca this guy is fantastic with the dogs, this is the best kennel I have ever seen. She is very important so that is just fine. I never worry when they have her, I have a good time and don't worry about her at all.
thanks
Marg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ferfusite,

I'm new to this site, but we are researching breeders. Can you tell me, please, were you happy with your experience at Goldenfield? Has your puppy been healthy? Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated, as this is a big decision for us.

Thank you so much,
Michele

1 - 15 of 15 Posts